LGBT Parenting

Friday Feelings

How is everybody?
Mrs._F
sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Re: Friday Feelings

• Yesterday was rough.  I had an appointment to get my flu shot at 3:30pm and prior to that I was a mess.  I cried and didn't know if I should get the shot or not.  K told me to make a decision but emotions took over and nothing was rational.  My nurse happened to call around noon and really calmed my fears.  The shot was the thermerisol free version so the rational side of me knows risks were minimal but since I've never had a flu shot before I was a bit freaked. 

So after my night job last night I went home curled up next to K on the couch and cried while watching Project Runway - lol!  Oh what a mess I was!

Today however I am very happy because I'm officially 1/2 of the way through this pregnancy.  Yay for 20 weeks!  Smile

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Its been a rough morning. 

We're still constantly thinking about the placement we turned down and can't help but wonder if we made the right decision. Its just so hard to have to make such a huge decision in 3 minutes or less. Compounding those feelings is the fact that we haven't gotten another call.  I know its only been a few days, but they've felt like an eternity.

• Loading the player...
  • 15 weeks now, and still feeling 1st tri symptoms.  I am apparently one of those people who does not magically feel better at the start of 2nd tri.  It's definitely still better than it was before, but I'm really starting to feel like I will never again have a day where I don't feel nauseous.  I've also been treated to some fun indigestion/heartburn...tums are my new friend.  I'm moody too.

Wow, look at that paragraph - I'm a barrel of laughs!! Wink  It's not really as bad as it sounds though.  I do have stretches during the day where I feel fine, and yesterday (aside from starting my day off puking, and some lingering morning nausea) I actually had a really good day.  And I'm really enjoying having a visible bump and knowing that the baby is in there growing - I think I have started to feel some little fluttery feelings too Smile

Mrs._F
    sahm ~ toddler breastfeeder ~ cloth diaperer ~ baby wearer

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Tough teething day today. Annie is really fussy and refusing to be put down.

Last night I felt like bad mom. We went out for dinner and she was in a high chair next to Carol. She was playing with her toys that were sitting in front of her on the table being a good baby. Then she sneezed and her head flew forward and she whacked her head right between the eyes on the granite tabletop. I felt horrible for letting her be so close to the table. Seems like something I should have thought of. You always miss the little stuff. She is okay though. Just had a little red mark for awhile.

~Kennedy

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageMrs._F:

And I'm really enjoying having a visible bump and knowing that the baby is in there growing - I think I have started to feel some little fluttery feelings too Smile

Yay!! My flutters started at exactly 15w.  I know most of the books say that is on the really early end of feeling things but you're so small and petite that it's likely you are feeling it already! :-) 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am a litle bit of everything today.

I am so excited at all the wonderful milestones and progress the girls are making. It's amazing to watch them grow, it sounds cheesy but it's true. I just marvel at how far they have come. They are the best gift I have ever been given.

On the flip side, I am really bothered by this whole process. It's seemingly neverending and the uncertainty is taking its toll. I feel very, very, very tired, very alone and am constantly worried.

• omg, i don't even know how i am right now. i can't believe the due date is tomorrow, we have a bunch of stuff that we still want to get done around the house, and he doesn't seem to be in any hurry to get here. we had our final weekly appointment with the ob yesterday, and we have a plan so we're feeling good about things. the end is in sight. i'm just so excited and nervous and scared and freaked out and happy and i can't wait to meet him!
  • Nervous and trying to breathe. Today is 13dpo. I haven't had a cycle with an LP longer than 13 days since I started charting, but a hpt with fmu was negative. So maybe I'll start today/night or I'll test again in the am.

I'm also really excited about getting ready to move a week from today!!!

Met 07/07/05, Wedding 07/07/07, Legal Marriage Ceremony 12/9/12, Baby Boy Born 08/09/13 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My Friday is kind of blowing my mind.  This has been a big week for us - we heard the baby's heartbeat for the first time on Wednesday, which was totally amazing.  That night, I finally told my parents.  I had been dreading it and wishing I could put it off perpetually , or at least till the kiddo's born...  but I told them and it went surprisingly well.  They weren't overjoyed, but they reacted within the normal range of acceptable parental emotions - they asked how I was feeling, my dad (a doctor) asked how much folic acid is in my prenatal vitamins, about leave policies at work, etc.  So it was fine, all in all.   That said, I figured they'd need some time to process it, make sense of it, deal... which was okay by me.  I mean, they have 6 months left to work out any internal conflicts, issues, etc.

Which brings me to my surreal Friday.  My first call of the day was from an aunt I never talk to.  She was calling to congratulate us because my parents told her the news last night.  When I came back from lunch, I had a message from yet another long-lost aunt w/ more congratulations.  Apparently my parents have wasted no time telling everyone in the fam - no need for those six months of processing time!   Again: it's blowing my mind, in an incredibly happy way.   The only downside is that now I need to do some damage control w/ a cousin - who will now almost certainly hear the news from her mom before she hears it from me.  Oh, well.  That I can handle. 

Happy, happy Friday, everyone!  

• Yesterday's event went really well... though I was definitely sore (feet and back) by the end. I got lots of nice comments about how cute I looked, and was amused by one former intern (who we recruited to help for the evening), whom I'm friends with outside of work now, but he hadn't yet seen me in person since I got a belly. He was amazed by it! Lol, actually asked to touch the belly... which for a 21 year old, was pretty unexpected. He was just so happy for us, and the whole thing was really cute.

Unfortunately, Trav and I got in a stupid... not fight, not disagreement really, but just "words" when I got home. It was late, we were both tired, but he was sort of just being a jerk. It was a really unpleasant note to go to sleep on, but it was late and staying up later to discuss with him how much he hurt my feelings was really not an option. 

This morning I got to sleep in some, and visited another daycare (literally across the street from us)... which we ended up crossing off the list. I did talk to Trav on the phone for about a minute, and he seemed like his normal self... so I don't know what was up last night, maybe he was just being tired and crabby.

All in all, I'm feeling pretty good. I can't believe that I'm only a week and a half from the 3rd tri! Its exciting and scary all at once! I'm a little nervous about my glucose test next week... I really hope I pass. But overall, feeling so much better then I was just a week or two ago. 

Maybe I don't have a heightened sense of smell, but I've never smelled any vagina on my pants. -- TSD

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Bloggity Blog - You know you want to...
  • imageTwo*True:

Today however I am very happy because I'm officially 1/2 of the way through this pregnancy.  Yay for 20 weeks!  Smile

Woo-hoo! Yay for 1/2 way! 

Maybe I don't have a heightened sense of smell, but I've never smelled any vagina on my pants. -- TSD

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Bloggity Blog - You know you want to...
  • I agree!  I'm thrilled to be 1/2 way also!  Yep!  Today!!  We went to the OB this morning and she was happy about how strong Mikhail's heartbeat was.  My uterus is just right under my belly button!  Oh boy!! I think I am going to have a big boy when he's born! We asked some questions and most importantly.. my NT numbers from the first/second screening combined  were beautiful!  Oh my gosh.. I couldn't believe it.. they were 1:16000!  I'm 40 years old and to get a number that's beyond what's expected.. wow!! Whoo!  Anyway.. I had to share the good stuff.. 

We're still in a daze about having a boy and that we've made it to the half way mark.  Now we're looking forward to the next milestone.. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"