2nd Trimester
Options

sorry, but i need to vent

OK! So, my friend is pregnant, she's due in the beginning of Feb...today she starts telling me how she's so tired of working blah blah blah...I'm plannin on workin up to my due date, hopefully it doesn't happen while I'm in front of the classroom teaching, but hey, it just might...so she tells me she's quittin end of December and that I'm gonna die working all the way up and how it's impossible and i'm gonna be so tired and it's impossible to get out of bed already and she doesn't know how I'm gonna do it, blah blah blah...I try to stay calm and say lots of woman do it, it'll make labor easier for me, etc...but really i just wanna punch her...I mean, I'd love to take an early maternity leave, but reality is, it's not gonna happen, not only can't we afford it (my husband is in school and only workin part time), but also i can't leave my students that long. So it only makes me more mad to hear her tellin me how I WON'T and CAN'T do it...maybe i'm just hormonal but i'm super annoyed grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

PS Did I mention she's gonna stay livin wit her mom bc she doesn't want to leave her to go live wit her boyfriend bc her mom will be more help. ugh

Re: sorry, but i need to vent

• Options
    I'd be annoyed too, but all you can say is "to each their own". Let her do her thing and be sure to rub every perk of working in her face along the way. ;)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I totally agree!! I work full-time and go to school full-time, and everyone keeps telling me how I'm not going to survive til birth, that I'm going to break down, etc....BUT I know what I can handle more than anyone else. And backing down is just not an option. Stay strong dear!! Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy... :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I generally have that reaction to anyone telling me how I'm going to feel or what I have to do.  My co-worker (who's never had a child) expressed concern that I might not be able to handle having a student Jan/Feb to train in my profession (paramedical).  I'm pregnant people - not sick!  Let ME decide what I can handle.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Maybe she is projecting her feelings onto you. Not everyone can take maternity leave 2 months before their due date, I would think most can't, so a lot of women have to do exactly what you are doing.
  • Options

My SIL is due in January and quit working 2 months ago...that's right, when she was FIVE months pg.

I also plan to work right up until my due date.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"