Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

What to buy a 6-month old for Christmas?

I have no idea what to buy for DD for Christmas.  She's too young to be "into" anything.  The only thing she really seems to like right now is rattles, which she has a ton of, I swear almost every baby shower gift had some sort of rattle attached to it.  A friend of mine suggested buying her a Jumperoo but she already has one, we just put it together for her a few weeks ago.  Any ideas?
Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: What to buy a 6-month old for Christmas?

• Options
    My LO has some Parents rubber blocks from Target that squeek.  He loves the colors and likes to chew on them.  I sit and stack them different ways and he knocks them down. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We bought LO the Leapfrog Learn and Groove table.
  • Options

imagekwann.81:
    We bought LO the Leapfrog Learn and Groove table.

This, and I think we're gonna buy the FP Laugh & Learn house. My nephew was 6 months at Christmas a few years ago and he really liked it. Every feature on it makes noise. He was sitting at that point and just starting to crawl. He loved opening the door (it makes a creaking (sp?)) sound, crawling through, then closing the door (it makes a closing sound).

Camryn Grace ~ July 6th, 2009 ~ 7lbs 9oz, 20.5" Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    Brayden Richard Drew ~ December 20, 2010~7lbs 9oz, 20" Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options

Jacob is getting this stuff  from us.

From his grandparents on DHs side: This, This, and This

From his grandparents on my side: Sock monkey, this , thisthis, an outfit, a coat, and this.

I am also making him these.  Oh and these.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

L will be 5 months on Christmas so far he has gotten (from us or family)

fisher price swing and sing baseball thing

a train with peekablocks

a Parents magazine activity block

Leap Frog toys

books

a walking/push toy

a ball popper

CDs

DVDs

We have "asked" for things 6-12 months, figuring that will keep him busy till his birthday. I will probably put a lot of it away and take things out slowly as he is ready for them.

I am also starting an ornament collection for L that I will add a new ornament to each year. I plan on getting him a personalized advent calendar as well.

• Options
    Maybe ask the 6-12 board? They might have some good ideas, having been there. I'd be interested to find out!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imageMrs.Teddy:

We have "asked" for things 6-12 months, figuring that will keep him busy till his birthday. I will probably put a lot of it away and take things out slowly as he is ready for them.

This exactly.

• Options
    imageBeccaboo0713:

From his grandparents on my side: Sock monkey, this , thisthis, an outfit, a coat, and this.

I'm excited for him! That's some awesome stuff!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagemrsmcdonald:
    imageBeccaboo0713:

I'm excited for him! That's some awesome stuff!

Thanks! I am excited for him too! Jake has breathed new life into Christmas. 

• Options
    imageBeccaboo0713:

These are all awesome! Christmas is definitely more fun with a new LO in the house :)

• Options
    imagesarahkatherine8:
    imageBeccaboo0713:

These are all awesome! Christmas is definitely more fun with a new LO in the house :)

Agree, I can't wait to give them to him. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"