2nd Trimester
Options

Aren't we not supposed to lift heavy stuff?

...'Cause someone needs to remind the Bun that when his pregnant girlfriend is struggling with not one, but two giant bags of laundry (yeah yeah, I took two trips) that maybe he should man up and help her bring the bags out to the car.

That's really all.

*very sore and sad now*

Re: Aren't we not supposed to lift heavy stuff?

• Options
    DH does it for me non-pg. Bun needs to be a man! Stick out tongue
  • Options

He should man up... you shouldn't be lifting heavy stuff at all

Just dont be like me and refuse all the help people offer.. 

When people always offer it makes me feel like they think i cant do anything

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Tell him to get off his butt and help you out!

Has he read any books? My DH was never quite like that, but once he read What To Expect (I accidentally left it out on the living room table), he was much more paranoid and into taking care of "us". Maybe leave a book on the table if he hasn't read one?

If that doesn't work, go all hormonal on his @ss and put him in his place Wink

• Options

My bff/roommate totally helps me out all the time. Bun sort of acts like if he helps me it's some act of god. It really bugs me. Especially 'cause anytime I don't feel good or whatever he's like "Toughen up!"

O_O You try carrying a canteloupe, Bun. And knowing that it's only going to get worse.

• Options
    imagestrawbrrysmile05:

Has he read any books?

Lol, No, he has not read any books. To be honest... I haven't read any books. I get the literature from the Dr's office, and I use the internet. I know I'm a terrible mom... But I just couldn't justify getting WTE when so many people said all it'd do was scare me. Lol.

Maybe I need to get him a Daddy book though.

• Options
    I was given the okay to lift my 37 lb DD1, so I suppose it is situational.
  • Options

imageAlexandra*sMom:
    I was given the okay to lift my 37 lb DD1, so I suppose it is situational.

Lol, I don't really think I'm not supposed to lift laundry. I am just pissed that Bun watched me do it twice, and didn't offer to help. I am a whiney ***. :D

• Options
    I have not been given any weight stipulations, but I know I can't lift certain things. I do lift my 35 pound 3 year old though.
  • Options
    I think you can lift heavy things, but I would be upset if DH wasn't helping me with housework.  The fact that he is unwilling to help you is a much bigger deal than you lifting things.  (My OB said that I could continue the weight lifting class at the gym and I don't really worry about lifting as long as I lift things correctly.)
  • Options

imageBabyLove987:
    I think you can lift heavy things, but I would be upset if DH wasn't helping me with housework.  The fact that he is unwilling to help you is a much bigger deal than you lifting things.  (My OB said that I could continue the weight lifting class at the gym and I don't really worry about lifting as long as I lift things correctly.)

Yeah... This is what this post is actually about. Not whether or not I can carry laundry, but how much it aggravates me that I have to. Lol

• Options
    DH won't let me lift a finger...but he assures me this will end after LO is born. Stick out tongue
  • Options

I have to ask H to do things like this for me.  sometimes he rolls his eyes.  I don't care.  If I can carry around some extra weight for our baby - he can carry a laundry basket down thhe stairs for me.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagemrsh0606:

I have to ask H to do things like this for me.  sometimes he rolls his eyes. 

Lol, yesterday while Bun was making himself a bowl of ice cream, I asked him to scoop me out a couple of scoops.

He handed me a paper plate with like, two tiny spoonfulls of ice cream on it, after huffing and puffing for 10 minutes.

I was like... Gee. Thanks. O_O You are a douchebag.

If he wanted any, I would have totally cut him off. lol

• Options
    I was so freaked out about this with #1.  But think of all the people who have children already--DS is over 22 pounds, and I carry him around all day.  You'll be fine!!  My OB said there is no concern with this whatsoever.
  • Options
    imagenannyannie:
    imagemrsh0606:

I have to ask H to do things like this for me.  sometimes he rolls his eyes. 

Lol, yesterday while Bun was making himself a bowl of ice cream, I asked him to scoop me out a couple of scoops.

He handed me a paper plate with like, two tiny spoonfulls of ice cream on it, after huffing and puffing for 10 minutes.

I was like... Gee. Thanks. O_O You are a douchebag.

If he wanted any, I would have totally cut him off. lol

Tell Bun I'm gonna kick him. 

• Options

imagebutterbeansmama:
    I have not been given any weight stipulations, but I know I can't lift certain things. I do lift my 35 pound 3 year old though.

I wish my 3 year old weighed this! He's 52lbs and 4ft tall, you should see me get him out of his seat when he's asleep. I'm 5'3 but my husband is 6'10 and 400lbs.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"