2nd Trimester
Options

Yet another Baby Shower Question...

So, this is my second child. My hubby's family does not believe in baby shower's for the 2nd baby, so I wasn't expecting one (though I was secretly hoping that someone would at least get together and have cake with us...lol)- but anyway...my BFF told me last night that she wants to throw a shower for me but has no ideas on how to. So I told her that there are lots of great sites on the net and things like that on like silly games to play and whatnot. She wants me to register again, but I feel weird doing so (even though it's so much fun)- DH's family will be the majority going...and they didnt' plan on throwing a shower, so I feel like if I registered, they would feel obligated to buy something. I was thinking about telling my bestie that maybe it's just best if we keep it a diaper shower or something like that.

I gave away most of DD's things away on freecycle 18 mths ago because we didn't plan on having another lil' one this soon...but we just didn't want to wait. I have slowly been receiving donations of like bouncers, walkers, carseat and things like that...so we're hoping that by the time LO arrives, we'll be pretty good..

so do you think it's best if I just talk to my bestie about just calling it a diaper shower adn not registering? opinions my lovies!!! :-)

Re: Yet another Baby Shower Question...

• Options
    I personally think that having two showers, especially that close is a little tacky. I would probably not register again. That is just my opinion though!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

that's what I was thinking. I mean my DD is 3 now...I still have all of her bedroom decor, which we're reusing...and like I said, I have received a lot of donations...so even if I was to register, there wouldn't be much...

i don't want to insult anyone or guilt them into buying something for me...i know when my sister registered for her 2nd baby shower that i threw, i also thought it was tacky because her DS was born literally 2 years and 1 month after her first...my DD will be almost 4 by then.

I think that just doing a small diaper shower with cake and cute games is sufficient enough. i appreciate her stepping up and offering to do this. i think that i'll have a lil' talk with her though about registering ;-)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    What about waiting till the baby is born and having a "meet the baby" get together. People will bring gifts to that! lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

oh no...see i don't think you're understanding what i'm posting..or perhaps i'm not explaining myself well. (these things tend to be difficult with a 3 year old runnign around ya! hehe)

i am not expecting gifts...which is why i don't want to register. i would just rather her call it a diaper shower instead of having people think that need to go out and buy something off of a registry. i love the idea of being celebrated and i wasn't expecting anyone to do a shower for me because DH's family doesn't do it for 2nd babies and beyond. my bestie just wants to help out as much as she can. she's all into the games and things like that...so she's excited.

• Options

Our DD is almost 3 too, and while I saved ALL of her stuff, its ALL girly stuff, so if we have a boy I'm screwed and have to buy all non girly gear...Ok so if it IS  boy he WILL be using a green/pink flowers swing/high chair/pack n play.. LOL..I'll buy him a new carseat hahah...I can't justify re-buying al lthat crap just beause on the covering on it!!

Anyways...call it a diaper shower. It serves your purpose perfectly! We did that for my G/F, and we even brought her clothes n stuff.

• Options
    if the majority of guests will be the side of the family that doesn't approve of 2nd showers then yes I would definately call it a baby celebration or diaper shower. Personally if you want you can still register but keep it small and practical
  • Options

gypsy: we are lucky enough to be having another girl, so luckily all of the blankets, burp clothes and clothes are alllllllllllllll pink! lol. our highchair we saved, it's neutral, as well as the stroller and the nursery decor. so we're soooo lucky in that sense! and a lot of stuff has been given to us by my SIL who just had a girl that's a year old...i have to say, it almost seems as if we stepped in sh!t because we've been so lucky! I think that my bestie will do a diaper shower. it's best for the situation and they're still just as fun!!! (plus, who doesn't need a ton of diapers!!!)

as a word of advice for you however, i did find these things on etsy where they are covers for your current carseat so you don't have to go out and buy new carseats if they sex is different!!! they're about 75/cover and they're cute as hell!!!  it's a lot cheaper than buying brand new. i'm sure they make them for swings and stuff too!! good luck!!! i would also check out once upon a child or kid to kid if they have them in your town or local area. they're super great consignment shops. we don't have any near me...i just moved back to NY, but they were on every corner in texas!!

• Options

If you don't want gifts then say "no gifts please, feel free to bring a pack of diapers size 1 or 2"

GL! 

Personally I think 2nd showers are fine especially if the 1st baby was a different gender or they were more than 5 years apart. Just my opinion though. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"