2nd Trimester
Options

Less/no movement ~ 20-24 weeks?

I just got back from my 24 week visit, and I told my OB that I felt much more movement early on (16-20 wks) and much less now.  She thought that was odd, saying most women feel more movement now.  I didn't see the baby (her protocol is no u/s after 20 week visit), but I did hear the baby's HB on the doppler.  So, she is no concerned.

I am going with my OB and not thinking something is wrong, BUT I would like to use this board for other's experiences.  Has anyone felt LESS movement during this time?  I must admit, it would comfort me to hear someone say they had the same experience.  Anyone?  Thanks for your time. 

If being a math nerd is wrong, I don't wanna be right!

Re: Less/no movement ~ 20-24 weeks?

• Options

this poster seems to be along the same timeline

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/25881858.aspx

• Options
    imageIrishBrideND:

this poster seems to be along the same timeline

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/25881858.aspx

Thank you!  I took a cursory glance at previous posts, but clearly too cursory. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I would bet that your little one has just turned theirself around and they are probably kicking you where you can't feel it.  Maybe in your back, or directly into the placenta.
  • Options
    I am having the same experience.  He was moving a lot a few weeks ago, and it seemed like his kicks were a lot harder and noticeable.  The last week or so, though, I have felt him somewhat, but the movements are not nearly as noticeable.  I would go with what your OB said.  Maybe they are just turned a little differently, and we can't feel them as much as before. 
  • Options
    I remember hearing that movement is not supposed to be consistent until 28 weeks, so don't worry about it. Like pp said, the baby could have turned and you just can't feel the kicking right now- honestly try not to stress and just give it more time. I've also had to learn that if your OB isn't worried, than you shouldn't be.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I am a couple weeks behind you but I still don't feel anything strong. I am lucky when I get flutters. I was told that you really have nothing to worry about (with consistency in movement) until more around the 28th week. If you heard the heartbeat on the doppler , I wouldn't be worried at all. I am 22 weeks and still have not been able to actually hear the heartbeat. We know he is ok in there due to ultrasounds but they say he moves around too much to pick it up through any other device. So, if my little guy is moving around too much to pick up, why can't I feel him! oh well. Hope you start getting the movement you want! 

Also, I love your Tarheels icon!... where did you find that?  

• Options

Thank you so much for everyone's responses.  I think I'm a decently levelheaded person, I never thought I'd be worried if my OB wasn't, but here I am.  Thanks again.  And for the person who liked the Tarheel code, I can't take credit - some poster had a bunch of them and was giving out the codes, I do love it.  Here is the Tarheel code (take stars out): 

• Options

ok the code didn't work, I thought if I put stars, it wouldn't create the image.  Try again:

[**IMG]**https://i34.tinypic.com/2eeejqw.jpg**[**/IMG]  

• Options
    Thank you!

• Options

imageDChunt09:
    Thank you!

Go Heels!  I watched them play FIU the other night, made me realize how much I miss UNC! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"