2nd Trimester

Re: indoor tanning

• Options
    I use the salon for spray tanning but not the beds.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

LilySlim Fitness goals tickers

• Options

:: Stands up::

Ladies, indoor tanning is one of the worst things you can do to your skin. Please, please, please - just say no to tanning. Get it from a bottle. And get a yearly skin check from a dermatologist.

The Pasty White Girl has spoken.

:: Sits my pasty white ass down::

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagesoko987:

Ladies, indoor tanning is one of the worst things you can do to your skin. Please, please, please - just say no to tanning. Get it from a bottle. And get a yearly skin check from a dermatologist.

::Applause from the freckled vampire skinned girl here::

• Options
    imagesoko987:

Yes

Almost everyone in my family has had to have precancerous or cancerous skin cells removed.  My aunt used to tan, and now has huge problems with skin cancer.  Just say no to tanning!

• Options

No Boo!  Don't fake bake ladies, pregnant or not:(  Causes cancer and causes wrinkles (think old lady on Something about Mary who looked like a leather handbag!). 

Spray tan is the way to go fo' sho'!!  

Chemical Pregnancy 5.2011. BFP 9.2011 MC @ 8.5w D&C 11.4.2011 sweet pea is always in our hearts. BFP 3.23.2012! Our baby turkey is due 11.22.2012! Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Indoor tanning is careless and dangerous when not pregnant, I am shocked anyone would be ignorant enough to do it while pregnant.
  • Options
    Someone voted they are still tanning??? That's not something I would advise, I don't want to back my LO! Tanning is bad anyway!
  • Options
    I stopped using tanning beds/booths a few years ago.  I'm getting old and don't need to speed up the process.  Plus, I really, really don't want skin cancer. 
  • Options

imagewhitward87:
    Someone voted they are still tanning??? That's not something I would advise, I don't want to back my LO! Tanning is bad anyway!

It didn't specify tanning beds, it said going to indoor tanning salons. I think the first responder said she goes for the spray tan so yes, she can check the first one because she's still going to the salon.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Couture21:  I found out how you can save money for a crib.  Don't go get spray tans.  Sorry, I just remember your post so vividly about how money was so tight for you that you couldn't even afford a $50 crib. I'm not usually mean and I'm not trying to be, but you had a lot of people pulling for you and feeling sorry you.  Now I don't.
  • Options

imagemikkelsonch:
    Couture21:  I found out how you can save money for a crib.  Don't go get spray tans.  Sorry, I just remember your post so vividly about how money was so tight for you that you couldn't even afford a $50 crib. I'm not usually mean and I'm not trying to be, but you had a lot of people pulling for you and feeling sorry you.  Now I don't.

I get them free. I was sponsored by a tanning salon for pageants and they give me them for free. Otherwise no one could afford them so expensive!

• Options
    imagemagdalina.h:

imagewhitward87:

It didn't specify tanning beds, it said going to indoor tanning salons. I think the first responder said she goes for the spray tan so yes, she can check the first one because she's still going to the salon.

I wasn't the one who voted... Indifferent  I just left a comment.

• Options
    pasty vampire girl with tattoos say no to tanning of any kind!( they fade tat's)
  • Options

I tan.  Indoor, outdoor, whatever.  Once every couple weeks.  I tend to skip a few sessions now that I'm pg, but I haven't stopped completely.  I plan to pick up my modeling job again pretty soon after LO is born, and I'm not starting flat out white again, it takes too long to get back to the level I'm at.  I see a dermatologist once every six months and always have.  Lucky for me since I'm 1/4 Iroquois, a tan comes pretty easy.  My personal choice, period.

I go for 10-15 minutes in a level one bed with 2 fans blowing on me and never break a sweat.  I raise my body temperature more by walking out to my truck afterward. 

• Options
    imageCouture21:
    imagemagdalina.h:

imagewhitward87:

I wasn't the one who voted... Indifferent  I just left a comment.

Oh I wasn't saying you voted that, I was just saying in general that someone could post that they still go and mean the spray tan.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options
    I was told "absolutely no tanning beds" by my OB, so I stopped. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagecarney09:
    I stopped using tanning beds/booths a few years ago.  I'm getting old and don't need to speed up the process.  Plus, I really, really don't want skin cancer. 

This!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I said "don't use at all" but I did get a spray tan to be in my friend's wedding, and might before we go to Florida.

I don't usually tan but was thinking about going occasionally this winter to warm up, but definitely won't with the baby.

• Options
    So I'm confused is the post about tanning beds or spray tan?? I just wouldnt think it would be a good idea to use a tanning bed, i mean kind of freaky when ur preg u know sounds scary. But I thought spray tan is ok just hold your nose. ??? I just use the self tanner lotion, I use to spray tan before becoming preg but its really pricey and it doesnt last long. I have a thing about paying 35 bucks for 3 mins! LOL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"