2nd Trimester
Options

Lurking over from 1st tri to ask...

a question about sonograms/ultrasounds. I figure that you ladies have a little more experience so here it goes:

I had an internal today at my 1st appnt. I am measuring 2 days ahead which puts me at 6 weeks/6days (Great!). However, I didn't see the tell/tell *flicker* and although the Dr. said everything looks good, she scheduled me for another appnt. in 2 weeks (instead of 4).

I know that 6-7 weeks can be too early to see a HB on some machines.

Did any of you not see a flicker this early but continue to have a healthy pregnancy?

TIA

Re: Lurking over from 1st tri to ask...

• Options

I heard the heartbeat on the internal, but the u/s didn't point out the flicker and I didn't see it...Baby Dash has been healthy since my 1st u/s.

Did you get to hear the heartbeat at least even though you didn't see the flicker?

• Options

Not quite sure.  my Dr didn't have me in until 8 weeks for my first internal to confirm.  We did hear the HB loud and clear.  So in 2 weeks you should hear something.  Not sure why they had you in that early.  Not too many people (just an observation from other posts) had internal u/s as part of a pg confirmation.

Edit:  we saw a flicker at 8 weeks

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I didn't see a flicker either - at 8 weeks. But I was able tohear it b/c they turned the machine way up. I didn't have a vaginal though, they were able to do it on top my tummy.
  • Options
    I saw and heard the heartbeat at 6w 5d. Good luck!
    Ashley & Jeff Married since August 2007 BFP Cycle #16, Clomid 100mg DD #1 born on March 25, 2010 TTC #2 as of May 31, 2011 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had one at 6 weeks and we did not see the heartbeat. We were able to hear it loud and clear at my last appointment (12 weeks). GL!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Missed m/c at 17 weeks, partial molar pregnancy d&c 11/30/09
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry too much. And I agree with other as to, why did they have you come in so early.  I "knew" I was pregnant, took a test... ok, like 7... Called and dr said they would have me come in at 6 wks, but it was ONLY for "an interview" or something. No exam.  Oh, and I went to the lab for blood work.  Then I had to go back in two weeks for my physical exam, which is when I had the ultra sound....
  • Options
    At about that time, we had an u/s that showed the HB, but it was really slow - 50something maybe. They had me come in 10 days later and everything sped up and was just fine!
  • Options
    we heard a heartbeat with our internal around then but didn't see it until a couple weeks later..
  • Options

Thanks, Ladies! You've helped ease some of my worrying.

I was surprised when they scheduled me for my 1st appnt. at 6 weeks. I was expecting to wait until at least 9 weeks. That being said, I'm glad I've gotten the blood work and everything out of the way already!

The OB didn't turn the machine volume up so we could hear the HB but she mentioned that by the next appnt. we would probably be able to hear it.

• Options

I had my first u/s at 8/9 weeks... and was clear enough..

it also depends on how new the equipment is.. we didn't knew until DH started sharing the video that people commented on how clear the baby looked... I guess we were lucky on that part...

don't worry.. your LO is really small right now..

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imagearaevg:
    I saw and heard the heartbeat at 6w 5d. Good luck!

This

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I didn't see a heartbeat at 6 weeks, dr scheduled me for 2 weeks later instead of 4 and everything is fine. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I had an internal u/s at 7 weeks.  I know we heard that hb, but I can't recall if I saw the flicker or not.  Hope everything is going well with your pregnancy!
  • Options
    I had my internal when I was 7w4d, but she said I was closer to 6w5d and we saw the flicker.  I didn't hear anything from the u/s, but we definetly saw the HB.  Good luck!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"