Pennsylvania Babies

Finally.... A birthstory! (PIP)

Hi ladies! I'm a little behind on this, but better late than never :-) And how appropriate that today was my due date!!

So, it all started on Tuesday, October 27th. I actually took Claire to Chocolate World that day for something fun to do! We had fun and I was feeling pretty good. That night I had dinner plans with friends. Around 5:30/6:00 I started getting some stronger contractions, nothing real consistent, but enough that I had to stop eating whenever I felt one coming on. It continued for a couple of hours. I made it through dinner and headed home. 

When I got home I decided to call my friend who was going to come stay with Claire when it was "time". I just wanted to let her know what was going on just in case. I got Claire ready for bed and decided to relax a bit. The contrax. were not letting up so my friend came to stay with me (DH was working night shift). At 10:00pm I finally decided to time my contractions. For an hour straight they were all lasting about a minute and a half but went from 6 minutes apart to 9 minutes, then six and 9, and so on. It was so weird! I really didn't think I should call the dr. just yet so I got a shower and finished packing my bag.

At 11:30pm I finally decided to call. Since I was GBS positive and had a fast delivery the 1st time around, the nurse told me to head to the hospital. We got to the hospital around 1:30am on Wed. Oct. 28th. At 2:00am I was dilated 4cm. They got me hooked up to the IV for the GBS and things were going well. I was having more contrax. but I was still able to get thru them pretty easily.  

At 3:00am I was 8cm and things were really starting to pick-up. That's when I started to feel more pain and they broke my water. I had decided to be brave and go med-free since I already survived one delivery that way! I'm glad I did it, but it was not easy! I started to push a little after 4:00am. I had to try a few positions because my back hurt pretty bad. After about 40 minutes of pushing (which felt like FOREVER!!!!) Anna was born at 4:58am. She weighed 6lbs. 11oz. and was 20in.

With Claire I only pushed for about 20 minutes, but there was also a big size difference - she was only 4lbs. 14oz. and 17-3/4in. I did feel like I handled labor much better this time... it was easier for me to work thru the pain and I did not cry or scream as much. Oh, and I found out later that the IV I had did no good... you have to have it in your system for at least 4 hours. I was NOT happy to hear that! Oh well. 

All in all it was a pretty quick labor and delivery and we have another beautiful baby girl! 

imageimage

Re: Finally.... A birthstory! (PIP)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"