2nd Trimester

Creative ways to reveal the baby's sex???

I am trying to think of ways to creatively share the news about our baby's sex with our family and friends. The "big" ultrasound is scheduled for the day before Thanksgiving, which will give us a great opportunity to have the family together to reveal the news.

I've been tossing around the idea of making little favor boxes with the news inside, or rolling "it's a boy" or "it's a girl" ribbon up with their napkins.????

My sister showed me a darling card one of her friends did, where she was holding a bouqet of pink balloons and her husband was holding blue balloons, with a question mark. Then on the inside the were holding the blue bouquet together with "It's a BOY!" written. I liked the idea, but I don't want to copy it. Feel free to steal that one. 

Oh and I don't want to use the cake idea, where you make a pink or blue cake or have pink or blue filling. That just doesn't quite fit in with Thanksgiving.

I welcome ideas!! Thanks for the help!

Re: Creative ways to reveal the baby's sex???

• I need help with this too!  My u/s is two days before Thanksgiving, and we are flying out to see a bunch of extended family the next day.  I would like to do something special to share the news.

We thought about the cake idea too, but with traveling by plane it won't work.

• Totally was going to suggest the cake idea...I got nothin'  ;) I will be checking back to this thread, though, since we are hopefully finding out on Monday!

With our first, we went out and bought pink baby blankets and stopped by to give them to the grandparents. Kinda lame. :)

• Loading the player...
  • inside, or rolling "it's a boy" or "it's a girl" ribbon up with their napkins.????

I like this one!!!!!

Have the kids do a skit to play out a conversation.

• Maybe you could find a cute little blue or pink stocking to bring to your thanksgiving dinner and put something like

"A Giggle, a coo, a sweet little smile, a baby girls coming in just a short while"

I think that would be cute on some sort of little note inside the stocking

for a little boy you could put on a note inside a blue stocking

"Soft and Sweet a bundle of joy, Our Mommy to be is expecting a boy!"

I found those quotes on a baby website for shower invitations!

• I make christmas cookies with the kids in the family every year, so i think I am going to make a baby shaped cookie and make it either pink or blue.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm not close enough (distance wise) to be able to share the news in person, so I'm planning on sending a bouquet of flowers either blue or pink to my parents and DH's parents to let them know. We were hoping to find out last week because my whole family was together celebrating my cousins birthday, but LO didn't cooperate. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I like your idea with the whipped cream. It fits with Thanksgiving!

All good ideas ladies!!

• W? don't do big gifts for holidays I am doing mine at xmas we r doing candy bags that r clear and then we r going to stencil its a boy or girl we also put lottery tickets on them its always a hit
  • I'm in the same boat as you, ours is the day before Thanksgiving.  We're *hoping* to have the tech write the sex down & seal it in an envelope to open with the entire family on Thanksgiving.  That is, if I can hold out the extra 24 hours.  Otherwise....I'll probably steal someone else's creative idea.  Or we may put DS in an I'm going to have a little _____ shirt.  That's how we announced the pregnancy.
    Connor Thomas 6/6/08. Discovered missed miscarriage at 17 wks 3 days, D&C 11/25/09. Please, please, please - BFP 5/21/11, EDD 2/1/11. Beta@12DPO=52, Beta@14DPO=158. U/S 7/7/11 shows strong baby measuring a couple days ahead!!! Pregnancy Ticker
  • What we did was made sugar cookies and used cookie cutters and spelled out "We are having a baby! " It was so cute and everyone loved it!
  • What about Christmas ornaments that say "It's a boy" or "It's a girl!" and have them open those? Then they can hang it on their tree!
  • imageShana051008:

"A Giggle, a coo, a sweet little smile, a baby girls coming in just a short while"

I think that would be cute on some sort of little note inside the stocking

for a little boy you could put on a note inside a blue stocking

"Soft and Sweet a bundle of joy, Our Mommy to be is expecting a boy!"

I found those quotes on a baby website for shower invitations!

Cute quotes! Thanks!
  • Great ornament idea!! I like it!
  • We're doing it in our Christmas card this year. I'm going to have DD hold the u/s picture and the card will read "All I want for Christmas is a..." and then I'll have brother and sister below and cross off the one that it isn't. I'm hoping DD cooperates! And our big u/s is 11/30 so I've already got the design ready to go. I just have to snap the picture, upload and order!
    10.11.07 ~ 04.08.10 ~ 08.11.12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"