2nd Trimester
Options

My boss sucks at life (long)

We had our Christmas meeting today and there were about 50 people there. When I walked in she said "Hello Mama!" "I almost said BIG MAMA but I thought you might knock me over with your belly!"

Mind you, she's extremely overweight. I just laughed it off. 

She continued throughout the whole meeting making comments about how huge I am and how neither of her daughters were as big as me even when they delivered. Then to make matters worse, there was another lady there who was two weeks behind me and wasn't showing at all. She probably weighed around 85-90lbs.

I'm 6ft tall and the proper weight for my height but I am built larger than the average bear. Of course my boss pointed out that the other pregnant lady who was just as far along as I was looked FANTASTIC and that's how I should look at this point.

I was so embarrassed that I just nervously laughed it off and tried changing the subject. Obvisiously I'm going to say something to her about it and let her know that it wasn't acceptable but I need to get past the pain from all the embarrassment she caused me today. Any ideas on how to bring this up? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: My boss sucks at life (long)

• Options
    That's horrible.  Like we have any control over how big our bellies get?!  I'm sure you look great!  And karma's a b*tch - she'll get hers one day.
  • Options
    I would buy a bunch of crickets from the pet store and let them loose in her office. That would make me feel better.
    Your little hands wrapped around my finger and its so quiet in the world tonight Your little eye lids flutter cause your dreamin so I tuck you in, turn on your favorite night light To you everything's funny, you've got nothing to regret I'd give all I have hunny, if you could stay like that Oh darling dont you ever grow up, dont you ever grow up, just stay this little Oh darling dont you ever grow up dont you ever grow up, it could stay this simple I wont let nobody hurt you, wont let no one break your heart, no one will desert you Just try to never grow up imageimage Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

What the hell is wrong with people?!?!?!?!?!

I'm so sorry you had to deal with her insensitive and rude comments!

• Options
    Wow, she makes Michael from The Office look like a master of tact. You need to bring it up privately, of course, preferably at a time when you happen to be alone with her, rather than asking for a specific meeting to talk about it-- then she could accuse you of overreacting. Ugh, sorry you're in that situation.
  • Options

imageprego760:
    I would buy a bunch of crickets from the pet store and let them loose in her office. That would make me feel better.

I cricketed a frat house once (a long time ago), lol!

OP, I don't know how you were able to handle it so well. I would have said something inappropriate and then ended up the one who was in trouble.

• Options
    your title made me LMAO. I'm sry she's a Baech..i'm a coward so I wouldn't even think to bring it up...but if you want to then isay go for it. But no idea how...
  • Options
    I believe in social pressure, so I definitely would have looked sad, said something simple like "okay, enough, you're hurting  my feelings" and waited for people to join in and tell her to back off.
  • Options

My boss is similar - constantly making comments like "wow babe, that shirt won't fit ya much longer....you're eating again?.....your belly isn't little....etc"

It's annoying nonetheless. But, I just kindly told him that it's hard enough gaining wait being a woman, and he was hurting my feelings. I told him that I'm doing something wonderful by bringing a life into this world and that I really don't want to get hung up on negative comments about my appearance.

Good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"