2nd Trimester
Options

Question from 1st tri: It would be cruel irony...

...if M/S was still around for the holidays.  The one year I can eat more with abandon...

My question is, when did the M/S and heartburn subside?  I'm due to be in 2nd tri on December 22nd.

Re: Question from 1st tri: It would be cruel irony...

• Options
    I have it on and off my whole pregnancy.
  • Options
    I'll let you know...
    Baby #2 on the way! Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Well, I still have heartburn and my morning sickness is worse now than it was in the 1st tri. Everyone is different.
  • Options
    I'm still going. The zofran helps. I still cant have cinnimon or tomatoes.
    Your little hands wrapped around my finger and its so quiet in the world tonight Your little eye lids flutter cause your dreamin so I tuck you in, turn on your favorite night light To you everything's funny, you've got nothing to regret I'd give all I have hunny, if you could stay like that Oh darling dont you ever grow up, dont you ever grow up, just stay this little Oh darling dont you ever grow up dont you ever grow up, it could stay this simple I wont let nobody hurt you, wont let no one break your heart, no one will desert you Just try to never grow up imageimage Pregnancy Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm in my late 2nd tri and I had m/s this morning. I have heartburn still almost 3-4 days a week. So all in all I still get both ever so often.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image
  • Options
    Mine started to fade around 9 or 10 weeks and has almost disappeared. Try taking your prenatal before bed; sometimes they cause nausea.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers ***This space reserved for photo of new squish***
  • Options

M/S tapered down around 15 weeks. Still get sick about once a week though.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I was due in July with my DS and I was so nauseous on Christmas night.  Ugh.  

This time I haven't been sick/nauseous at all, so you may get lucky.

Oh and the heartburn... if you think it's bad now, just wait ;) 

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• Options
    I have BAD heartburn when I overeat. But I only had morning sickness for 2 weeks in my first tri - right around 5-6 weeks. That was it.
  • Options
    On the whole it subsided around 10 weeks and was gone completely by 12 weeks. But the heartburn stayed (though not often) but I will advise you not to eat just b/c you are pregnant, you really only need 300 extra calories a day or 600 for twins. I have experienced that if I eat too much I get sick.
  • Options
    do you have it already? mine didnt' really pick up until later than where you are now. and lasted a bit into 2nd tri. and i still get heartburn pretty regularly.
  • Options

Sorry to be a downer but my m/s is still going strong (although it has eased up quite a bit over the past couple of weeks). I still typically have a good one or two days a week where I can barely eat anything.

As for heartburn, it's only gotten worse. It started around week 7 for me and hasn't let up at all. Just make sure to keep plenty of TUMS around.

Hopefully it will be a very different story for you but for me and many others, m/s sticks around into second tri.

• Options

The good news is that mine went away right around 13/14 weeks [around 2nd tri time].

The bad news is that if you're only 6 weeks you're still most likely definitely gonna have it for Thanksgiving and probably for Christmas. Sooo....New Years, eat up since you can't drink!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    With ds, it was really bad in the beginning and gone at 12 wks.  This time around, it wasn't as bad but is sticking around a little longer.  I haven't been able to keep anything down in over 24 hrs now but I'm thinking I might have a bug instead. Before yesterday, I hadn't thrown up in a couple weeks.
  • Options
    I didn't have MS too bad but my nausea tapered off around 15 - 16 weeks.  Heartburn still comes and goes depending on what I eat.
  • Options

My morning sickness stopped after week 12. I've been lucky so far and only had heartburn twice during the whole pregnancy, but I heard heartburn gets worse as you go because your stomach shrinks as baby gets bigger. But this is my first pregnancy so I don't know that from experience (yet).

Here's to hoping you can enjoy pumpkin pie!

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
  • Options
    Didn't have any.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
    Photobucket
  • Options

Thanks for your input.  I figure everyone's different but its good to see a spectrum.

I had M/S and HB yesterday so bad (all together some how--who knew?) that I was home sick from work yesterday.  Today, I'm rocking the sea bands, drinking warm chicken broth, and having ginger ale.  I'm doing prenatals at night from here on out (this was my first morning skipping them--I'll get it with dinner tonight).

I think I might have indulged some cravings (shrimp cocktail, cantaloupe, raw cauliflower, corn chowder, and caramels)  I ought not to have indulged.  But in all fairness to me, it started before the cravings so that might be irrelevant.

For now, its a BRAT diet with a few other things I can tolerate.  I'll just keep my fingers crossed.

• Options
    Around week 15 it got much better but I do still get it from time to time.
  • Options
    Mine has tapered off quite a bit but I still get nauseous from time to time. Switching the prenatal to night has helped some. Heartburn just started last week for me. It blows.
  • Options

The m/s stopped around 16 weeks even though I still get nauseous every now and then.  The heartburn still comes and goes.  GL with the holidays!

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagekatie.i.do:
    do you have it already? mine didnt' really pick up until later than where you are now. and lasted a bit into 2nd tri. and i still get heartburn pretty regularly.

I thought I'd be one of the lucky ones since my Mom told me how she "never felt any better than when she was pregnant."  She claims she only had queasiness that passed almost as soon as it came.

I think it was a ploy for grandchildren.  Stick out tongue

I don't think in my case its quantity, because I've lost a pound.  I'm committed to watching my weight gain since I started overweight.  So mostly its been the same quantity for me.

• Options
    BRAT diet is the worse but it can help. If you can, try adding some graham crackers. I found them to help since there was a little flavor but still a dry food and at times, better than saltines. Rice cakes may also work. GL!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I haven't had any heartburn ::knock on wood:: but I was nauseous all the way till around 14 weeks but the ONLY times I have puked is in my 2nd tri!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Mine started at 14 weeks.........

Everyone is different.  GL and happy holidays

• Options

I laugh at the woman who answered 'Didn't have any".  That was helpful?!

Yes, I had m/s and some heartburn, though the heartburn was not bad.  M/S tapered after 15 weeks, and Zofran helped during weeks 7-14, when it was at its worst.  I know it will be a bummer over the holidays, but believe me, after having m/s, every day you feel well is a holiday!!  

The BRAT sounds good, and go with whatever you can eat, I disagree that you should not have indulged in your cravings - you have to get what you can get down if your m/s is bad!  Good luck.

If being a math nerd is wrong, I don't wanna be right!
  • Options
    I never had morning sickness :) but I do have heartburn here and there, if it gets really bad I'll take mylanta otherwise I can stick it out...
  • Options
    It greatly improved by 14-15 weeks. However, I?m 24 weeks and still get sick just about every morning. Ick!
  • Options
    I had vomiting and nauseousness till easily 13 or 14 weeks. I never have had any heart burn. However there have been some random times where I have thrown up. I did that in fact in my 18th week over Hot chocolate. I had little to no warning i.e. nauseousness. GL
  • Options

i was super blessed and never had a day of ms.  From what I know from friends and other bumpies...It CAN last through out your whole pregnancy... Just different for everyone. GL

...and that would be very cruel!

• Options
    If you already have heartburn, try a pepcid AC every morning. That's what my OB suggested for me (mine started around 7-8 weeks) and it's been working well.
  • Options

I had constant nausea, aversions to nearly all foods and smells, and could eat almost nothing from weeks 6-12. Right around week 12-13 I got better and I've been normal in my eating habits ever since. I wish you the best!

BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Mine was gone at 12 weeks, but I know plenty of people who have been sick the whole time.  As the m/s got better the heartburn got worse, though.  Pretty sure that's not something that ends with 1st tri!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options
    I never had m/s, but I get heartburn occasionally.  That didn't kick in until Week 16 though.  I'm not sure that it will go away before the baby is born!
  • Options
    I was the sickest from 12 - 16 weeks. I still throw up about once a week, but it's only once in the morning and I have a good appetite for the rest of the day (no food aversions).

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • Options
    Never had m/s.  Still get h/b off and on.
  • Options
    Mine subsided, for the most part, around 9wks.  I had it on and off from that point until I was 12 wks. 
  • Options
    with DD until 17 weeks for me, but more manageable after 12-13. With this baby seems to have stopped around week 11-12
  • Options
    I had morning sickness everyday from week 6 to 12 (though it was more like evening sickness). However after week 12 it started to improve a lot....and now on some days I almost feel normal....except for leg cramps, heartburn, headaches, and the occasional days that require all napping. My friend was the same way with her daughter and helped me cope during those last couple weeks with the promise of it getting better by week 12 like it did for her. I sure am happy to eat now!!! Yeah for the holidays! Hopefully you will be one of the lucky types who don't get it at all...or at least it will be better by Christmas if your 6 weeks now
  • Options

Heartburn has a mind of its own - its tidal, it comes and goes.

BBQ sauce is revolting to this day.

My advice, eat slow and east many small portions.  Eating too much in one sitting will make you sick - as I learned the hard way!

TTC since 2005. DS via IVF - 02/10 Baby #2 - due 10/16/11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"