Parenting

Lime juice tampon?!

In looking up info on "the girl diet" I found myself at ingender and girls trying to conceive girls swear by LIME JUICE DOUCHE and LIME JUICE SOAKED TAMPONS.

Okay, yes.  I desperately want a daughter someday.  And, yes, if I could do something as simple as altering my diet a bit to slightly boost my chances, I'd try it.  However, a citrus-scented cooch?  No thank you.  Who comes up with this stuff?!

Re: Lime juice tampon?!

• wouldnt the natural citric acid in the lime juice sting????
    Josh-10/1/87, Brittany 3/9/91, Mandi 7/26/92, Michelle 9/11/06 image I'M GRAPE JELLY- ALWAYS AROUND & ALWAYS THE SAME If I leave here tomorrow, would you still remember me. For I must be traveling on now. Because there are too many places I've got to see. -Allen Collins & Ronnie VanZant My favorite verse!
  • Ha! I came across this too. I saw that they want you to use it after sex as well. All I can say is OUCH. Instead I ate a few extra cranberries and hoping for healthy :)
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Uh, I would think that would burn.  Why are people so crazy?
  • imagecmeon_the_water:
    I wonder if stuff like this starts out as a joke from a very mean person to a very stupid person- and somehow catches on. I just can't let myself believe that some woman out there was experimenting by inserting tampons soaked with different liquids- until that day she conceived a girl on lime month. Surprise

My thoughts exactly.  But here's the good news....they have a 50% chance of it working!  There is hope! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's not that far out.

Back in 1970, there was a magazine article on how to sway gender. Since female sperm survive better in an acidic environment, they recommended douching with vinegar to increase the acidity of the vagina.

Male sperm survive better in an alkaline environment, and they said to douche with baking soda to neutralize the natural acidity of the vagina.

My mom tried it and got what she wanted-- my brother.

I don't see how it's any crazier than taking Robitussin or Mucinex to thin secretions, or timing like Shettles, or using old wives' tales to start labor.

AKA KnittyB*tch
    DS - December 2006
    DD - December 2008

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"