2nd Trimester
Options

Bikers and baby names

My DH and FIL are both HUGE Harley fans.  We sold our several months ago because the upkeep was just getting too expensive.  Now, I enjoy a good ride as much as the next girl, don't get me wrong, but I wasn't that obsessed with the bike.  I thought DH was going to cry the day we sold it.  Anyway, DH's name is Dave.  If we have a boy, he is really pushing for the name "Harley David".

Umm...No.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bikers and baby names

• Options
    Oh dear. Please don't. :)

Evelyn (3.24.10), Graham (5.30.13) & Miles (8.28.16)
  • Options
    LOL. My dad has a Harley and his name is David. All of his friends call him Harley David. It is lame so please do not do that to your child.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We joked about using "Harlee" as a girls name too...but that doesn't mean we're going to do it :)
  • Options
    I totally agree with your "Umm...No." 

My fiance had a similar wish for a boy name. He wanted Sean Connor, which I thought was a wonderful name until I realized why Fiance was ecstatic over me liking it. Fiance is a HUGE Sean Connery fan and even does a very good voice impression. I could just hear him now, talking to a little boy with the Sean Connery voice for the next 20 years or so...
  • Options
    I love the name Harley.  Not sure how I feel about it being a boys name.
  • Options

imagekelcat:
    I love the name Harley.  Not sure how I feel about it being a boys name.

Funny that you say this, because I actually don't hate it as a girls name.  I wouldn't use it, either way, but it's a cute girl name. 

• Options

I have friends with a daughter named Harley. They're not bikers, but it's a cute name anyway!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I love the name Harley for a girl... there was a girl on Guiding Light with that name and I always loved her character. DH gave that one a big OH NO when I suggested it. But Harley David is NMS.
  • Options

I like Harley too. But not with David as the middle name. If you think about it, the baby is your son. So tack that onto the end of the name and it's exactly what your DH is obsesseed with...Harley David Sons.

On another note I worked with a girl whose daughter's name was Mercedes. At first I hated it, then it grew on me. I like cars and what not too but I save them for the animals. My cat's name is Lago, short for Murcielago which is a type of Lamborghini. :0) He's a classy cat.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"