2nd Trimester
Options

How long is the NT scan?

When I booked the appointment the lady said that the ultrasound was a 1/2 hour long.  I find that to be excessive.  How long would you say they were in there?  They just take the pics and the OB or radiologist does the measurements right?

Re: How long is the NT scan?

• Options
    Depends on if baby cooperates.  A 1/2 hour sounds about right. 
  • Options
    half hour sounds right.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    1/2 hour seems right. They have to get a lot of detailed pictures and check for a lot of measurements. Mine was around that long.
  • Options
    That sounds right.  Ours was longer due to the baby not cooperating.
  • Options
    I agree with the pp. Mine was also about 1/2 an hour...
  • Options

half an hour doesn't seem that long while it's going on. they have a lot of measurements to take at different angles. watching your LO for that long is entertaining at least!

• Options
    Mine didn't go so quickly. Baby didn't want to wake up so after much prodding and bending they sent me out to lunch and I had to go back! So, mine was more like an hour total. They measure the nasal bone and they need at least 3 measurements of the nuchal fold and use the largest. So, if baby isn't in just the right spot ( I think she said laying on back and chin at a 45 degree angle) it can be difficult.
    image. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My baby slept through the whole thing so it didn't take very long.  But yes, a half hour sounds about right.  Be prepared for your 20 week u/s that usually takes about an hour.
  • Options
    We were in there about that long. Plus, I wouldn't complain about it being too long. It's fun to see what LO is up to. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"