Trouble TTC
Options

New to board - question about IUI

I'm new to the board (though I've been lurking) and looking for some input - hoping this is the right place to ask.

Due to a previous condition I cannot carry multiples. My RE has suggested starting infertility treatments with IUI without drugs. If that doesn't work, go to IVF where he can control the the number of embryos.

Has anyone tried IUI without drugs and been successful?

Is there another board where I should post this question?

Thanks!

Cervical Cancer Survivor since 2007 TTC Since 2008 IUI#1 = BFN IUI#2 = BFN IUI#3 = BFN IUI#4 = BFN IVF #1 = BFN FET #1 = BFN FET #2 = BFN FET #3 = BFN IVF #2 = BFN IVF #3 = BFN FET #4 = BFN FET #5 = BFP!!! 06/10/2011 Miscarriage 06/21/2011 Adoption Application Submitted 09/2011, Personal Documents Submitted 11/18/2011, Home Visit 12/16/2011, Officially Waiting!!! 01/21/2013 MATCHED!!!! 01/24/2013 Baby Boy Born! Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: New to board - question about IUI

• Options
    Have you tried taking a fertility drug such as Clomid? The chances of multiples with Clomid is extremely low. When you say fertility treatments with IUI what do you mean? 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    RE doesn't want to me to use any drugs unless I'm doing IVF. Due to cervical cancer, I have about 2% of my cervix left. If I got pregnant with multiples, we would have to selectively reduce (absolutely not an option) or risk losing both. My husband and I agree with the RE about not chancing it with clomid or other similar drugs unless we move straight to IVF where the RE can control the number of embryos implanted.
    Cervical Cancer Survivor since 2007 TTC Since 2008 IUI#1 = BFN IUI#2 = BFN IUI#3 = BFN IUI#4 = BFN IVF #1 = BFN FET #1 = BFN FET #2 = BFN FET #3 = BFN IVF #2 = BFN IVF #3 = BFN FET #4 = BFN FET #5 = BFP!!! 06/10/2011 Miscarriage 06/21/2011 Adoption Application Submitted 09/2011, Personal Documents Submitted 11/18/2011, Home Visit 12/16/2011, Officially Waiting!!! 01/21/2013 MATCHED!!!! 01/24/2013 Baby Boy Born! Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Understandable. But again the chances of multiples with Clomid is like 5%. I assume you would be monitored through bw and us throughout the cycle so you would be able to know how many follies you produced. Sometimes women don't even respond when taking Clomid. Usually women end up with 1 good follie. I just finished my 4th cycle of Clomid and only produced one to two good follies each month and all resulted in BFN. My RE told me that IUI without drugs is no different then TI unless your husband has MFI. Good luck! 
  • Options
    I think I deciphered most of that, but is there a place I can go to figure out what all the acronyms are??? I have no idea what bw, us, TI, and MFI are!
  • Options
    Sorry to be so confusing. TI= Timed Intercourse BW= Blood Word US= Ultra Sound MFI= Male Factor Infertility 
  • Options
  • Options
    I suggest actually posting this on the infertility board.  You're likely to get more answers, and quicker response time to your questions.  Make sure you let them know abotu your infertility diagnosis when you post there so they can give you the best information.
  • Options

It depends on why you are looking at fertility treatments in the first place. Issues with O'ing, DH #s, something else?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hi.  I was diagnosed with unexplained IF.  We did a "natural" (no meds, monitoring, just using OPKs) with my daughter & it worked on the first try.  We've done the same thing recently as we are TTC #2 with no luck.  It really is a "shot in the dark," but it was cheap & worth a shot in my opinion.  I think if we do it again, I may request monitoring & possibly a trigger shot to make me O so the timing could be a managed a little.  Good luck!
  • Options
    For the acronyms, on the left menu, second from the bottom is a link called "Bump Board Glossary".  They're all listed there. :)
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Married 1/2/99.
    TTC since 4/09.
    Diagnosed PCOS. Diagnosed Hypothryoid 11/09.
    SHG & SA normal. PCOS Research study started 5/10.
    Clomid/Femara cycle #1 - 6/10 = BFN
    Clomid/Femara cycle #2 - 7/10 = BFP #1 - Missed miscarriage 9/2/10
    11/12 - BFP #2 - 11/22 - m/c
    5/1/11 - BFP #3 - Pre-eclampsia, IUGR & bed rest from 32w. DD born via induction 1/4/12.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"