2nd Trimester
Options

h1n1 vaccine question...sorry!

1-can you get it in your 1st trimester (this is for a friend who is TTC)?

2-does it give us complete immunity or is it like the seasonal flu shot were you can still get it in another form?

Thanks...I'm so busy at work and didn't have time to scroll to see if this was asked before.  Sorry if it has been!!!

Re: h1n1 vaccine question...sorry!

• Options

1 - she should ask her OB.  Some OBs say yes, some say to wait.

2 - Yes, it gives you immunity from H1N1; however, you could still get the regular flu or a different viral infection (just not H1N1).  It also takes a week or two after the shot for you to build up full immunity.

• Options
    imageShannon11/3:

2 - Yes, it gives you immunity from H1N1; however, you could still get the regular flu or a different viral infection (just not H1N1).  It also takes a week or two after the shot for you to build up full immunity.

This, and

it does complete immunity against H1N1 unless the strain mutates...then they will need to make another vaccine. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options

1) There are no FDA/CDC/etc restrictions on first trimester vaccinations, but she should talk to her OB.

2) It gives you complete immunity, but it does take 10-14 days to become completely effective. 

my read shelf:
    Erin's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options

1-can you get it in your 1st trimester (this is for a friend who is TTC)? in the US yes, in Canada no

2-does it give us complete immunity or is it like the seasonal flu shot were you can still get it in another form? it is the same as the seasonal flu, they use the strand that was out last year and hope for the best.

• Options
    In response to question number 2, it will give you immunity, but it works just like a normal flu shot, but it is to protect against H1N1 rather than the normal flu. So it isnt better immunity than any other flu shot, it is just specific to H1N1.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

1-can you get it in your 1st trimester (this is for a friend who is TTC)?

Yes, but in Canada you have to get the Unadjuntivated version, I don't know what they have in the states.  Ask a doc or nurse.

2-See above answers.

• Options
    imageShannon11/3:

This. I got both my flu shots furing 1st tri.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"