3rd Trimester
Options

Would you go to a college football game?

If you were 37 weeks pregnant? My husband's favorite team is playing nearby and his birthday is a week and a half away and I would love to take him to the game. Am I crazy? I had my first internal last week and everything is still closed up tight so I have no signs of labor.

Re: Would you go to a college football game?

• Options
    I am going to a hockey game at 35 weeks, so depending on how I felt that day or the week leading up to it, probably!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    If you are feeling up to it, I would go. You will probably just need to get up a lot and move around because seats at sporting events are so uncomfortable.
    Alexander David
    my blog
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Yes I would totallly go! I love football though.
  • Options
    If you WANT to go you should.  I personally have no desire to go to a football game but that's just me. 
    www.mvstephenson.wordpress.com Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Yep, I sure would!!  We're going to one and I'll be nearly 36 weeks.  I must say though that the perk of our college team is that we share the parking lot with the hospital that we plan on delivering at.  So if anything happens it would take all of five minutes to get to the ER or L&D.
  • Options
    I went at 38 weeks and I'm glad I did.  So long as you are feeling good on game day, I see no reason not to.
  • Options
    I would go.  As long as the stadium is not too far away and you're feeling ok, I say go for it!  Hopefully, you will have an aisle seat so you can easily go to the bathroom and back! :)
  • Options
    If it's close by, I would definitely go! Sounds like fun!
  • Options
    I would go as long as I was feeling okay.  Went to one a couple weeks back and did get tired of standing the whole game, but I would just sit and watch the screen for what was happening. 
  • Options

No I wouldn't.  I reeeeeeeeally wanted to go to the Gator game yesterday, I go to a few games every year and I was 37 weeks yesterday.  But I knew that I would be really uncomfortable walking to the stadium from where we would have to park, and there's absolutely no way I could sit comfortably in a football stadium on hard seats with my enormous belly for 3.5 hours. 

I'm a diehard Gator fan, DH and I met there, my parents and brother go to every game, and I "tailgated" at home, but I'm just not comfortable enough to go right now.  I wish!

• Options
    I had Rutgers season tickets but I stopped going to games when I went on bed rest- otherwise I still would have gone. Now I'm off bed rest and debating if I should go to the next game on Thursday- at almost 41 weeks! Ha! This really depends on how YOU feel. I feel better now than I did at 32 weeks, so its all relative.
  • Options
    I wouldn't, but I'm really uncomfortable. Otherwise, I totally would. How cool would it be to go into labor at the game of your DH's favorite team?
  • Options
    I would definitely go as long as I was still feeling good.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I would totally go. As long as you're feeling good, I'm sure it would mean a lot to your DH as a last "hoorah" before the baby comes! Great birthday gift!
  • Options

I did and it was a lot of fun, especially since we probably won't be able to go the rest of the season or next season with the LO.  Just make sure you walk around, my feet got really swollen by the time we got home.  Enjoy the game and the pretzels :-)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Yes.  The worst part, IMO, would be the hike across campus from where you park.  :-)
  • Options
    I was going to tell you to go, but then I realized it was probably either a FSU or Alabama game, so I'm changing my opinion.  :-)
  • Options

I'd go for sure.  Heck, I'd go today if we had such a thing as college football around here ;)

We went to a hockey game a couple of weeks ago and I just brought a cushion to sit on - I was fine.  I just stood up between periods and stretched.

• Options
    Is it at FSU? I went to an FSU game when I was around 25 weeks pregnant and everyone stood the whole game and my back and feet hurt the entire time. If I sat down, I wouldn't have been able to see anything. It was fun, but I don't think at 37 weeks I would be up for something like that.
  • Options

imagelolabright:
    If you are feeling up to it, I would go. You will probably just need to get up a lot and move around because seats at sporting events are so uncomfortable.

At FSU there are not actual "seats". It is just metal bleachers..another reason why I, personally would not go.

• Options
    I go to every TCU home game there is.  THe last one of the season I will be 38 wks + and I plan on being there!!!  Go Frogs! :)
  • Options
    I would totally go. But if there are only metal bleachers, I'd buy or borrow a seat with a back rest. I now have one (we go to ALL my brother's games), and the only thing that's uncomfortable is the cold!
  • Options
    Thanks, ladies! It's not at FSU. FSU is playing at Wake Forest I think. I have one of those seat things with a back so I think I will go ahead and get tickets! Yea! Now I am really excited!
  • Options
    I would. Even if I was progressing. You can leave the game to go to the hospital. I can't see any reason not to. Our season seats are at the top of the stadium (great comfortable seats with backs and lots of leg room) and I can take the elevator rather than hike up the ramps if I need to.
  • Options

We have season tickets, and I've made it to every home game so far.  So, I would say, as long as you feel up to it, you should go.  My last test will be this next weeks game, (I'll be 39 weeks), but if the doc thinks I'm ok, then I'll go.  I've already ruled out the last game since I'll either be at 41 weeks or LO will be here.  Have a good time if you go!

• Options
    I went to one yesterday and I would say definitely not. I feel like I got hit by a truck today and could barely walk around Target this morning. I highly recommend staying home and letting him go - all of the standing and walking (even if you ride the shuttles) is exhausting. At least it was for me. And my back is killing me from the bleachers.
  • Options
    If it was an Alabama game?  Why, heck yes I would!!!!Big Smile  I wish I could afford tickets to the SEC championship.  I would waddle my way through the Georgia Dome for that any time!!!!
  • Options
    My DH ( a huge FSU  fan) says don't go. And it's not because you will be uncomfortable or anything like that. He says that Ponder has a separated shoulder, and the game will end in a massacre of FSU. We went to the Miami/FSU game and he had a hard time after that one, he said he can't imagine going to a game where FSU is supposed to get killed. haha..but have fun, and maybe FSU will surprise everyone and win! Go Noles!
  • Options
    I would go! I went to a college game last nigh, at 40 weeks 4days. Smile Just know that seeing the cheerleaders will make you sick... I miss not having a huge belly!Stick out tongue
  • Options

imagejenn_reeder:
    I go to every TCU home game there is.  THe last one of the season I will be 38 wks + and I plan on being there!!!  Go Frogs! :)

I go to every home MN Gopher game... glutton for punishment, I guess.  I'll be there next week too at 38wks + and loving it.  I can put up with the hard seat as long as DH gets me fresh mini donuts and hot chocolate.  Mmmmm....

Go Gophers! 

• Options
    I wouldn't be worried about going into labor, I would be most concerned (but still not very much) about being with thousands of other people and catching the flu.
  • Options

I went last weekend to an Ohio State game at 37 wks and felt great!  I actually have season tickets and have gone to all the home games but one. 

I do have to admit that I am NOT going to the OSU v. Iowa game next weekend, at 39 wks...and neither is DH, it's a little to close to go-time and cell phone service in the Shoe is a bit spotty.  We will be watching from home! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"