2nd Trimester
Options

Possibly Odd Question about Bradley...

I have been looking into classes. Are Bradley classes for people who know for sure they want to go natural? I am pretty sure I want drugs am not 100% sure...

Can anyone give me some insight?

Re: Possibly Odd Question about Bradley...

• Options
    I'm not sure on this one. I've been looking into classes, but I haven't seen any of the Bradley classes. I know I'm signing up for the epidural. Whether I use it or not, I guess time will tell.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    For me- I was induced and knew I wanted an epidural at some point, however I wanted to have techniques on how to manage my labor, too. ?Getting an epidural too early will leave you bedridden, whereas if you can be up and about in your room sitting on the ball, in the tub, etc... your labor can progress. ?I say if you're not 100% on getting the drugs (which are amazing!) take a class on different techniques that will help you get through the hellish labor!?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagebridetobe101505:
    For me- I was induced and knew I wanted an epidural at some point, however I wanted to have techniques on how to manage my labor, too.  Getting an epidural too early will leave you bedridden, whereas if you can be up and about in your room sitting on the ball, in the tub, etc... your labor can progress.  I say if you're not 100% on getting the drugs (which are amazing!) take a class on different techniques that will help you get through the hellish labor!

That is what I want, I want the techniques... I like the way I have seen the Bradley classes.

However, I don't want to get to the class and have it be so anti drug...

• Options
    I'm pretty sure I do want an epidural but I'm taking the Bradley course to help me through the first part, and who knows, maybe I'll be fine and decide I don;t need the epidural....thought I have a SUPER low pain tolerance, I was miserable for a week after I got my flu shot....
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I am taking Bradley bc I am going to try for a med free birth....however, my good friend who just had her LO last month was all the meds she could get. It did not end up that way for her. She started to have contractions a full day before giving birth. She would get one an hour, then one every 20 min. then one every 10 min. and they wouldnt admit her until she was contractions every 5 min. So she sat at home, walked around, etc until they were 10 min. apart, then begged them to take her in the hospital. They got her in, and she had to wait for the anesthesialogist 9spelling?) because he got called into an emergency c-section. By the time he got to her she was 8 centimeters dilated! She told me afterword that she wished she had had some techniques up until she got the epidural bc the meds did not come immediately. I think better safe than sorry and if you can afford to take a Bradley class then do-it cant hurt anything but your pocket book. And hey her epidural ended up costing 3400$ -that was with a discount-she got the bill yesterday! (Although insurance did cover this but imagine if she didnt have insurance???) She told me she probably could have done without! Good luck!
  • Options

Bradley is alot about having the birth experience YOU want and giving you the tools to do that (particularly if you choose to try natural delivery) I dont think that it would be a bad idea either way especially if you are even considering going naturally b/c as pp said you do labor a decent amount before an epidural and Bradley is alot about empowering the mom too

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"