2nd Trimester
Options

XP Great way to save money after LO is born.

Thought I should share this some of you may already know this recipe.

Homemade Baby Wipes 

Items needed

1. roll of Paper towel *Bountry recommended

2. Either 1gallon ice cream bucket or a store bought baby wipes container or any similar size container will do 

3.  2 cups of water

4. 2 tablespoons of baby oil

5. 1 tablespoon rubbing alcohol

6. if desired you can add 1 tablespoon of baby bubble bath

Instructions

Cut the roll of paper towels into two halves, if you have an electric knife they give the best cutting result. Place one of the halves vertically in an empty and thotoughly cleaned container ( ice cream container or other). In a laarge measuring pitcher, mix the 2 cups of water, 2 tablespoons of baby oil, and 1 tablespoon of rubbing alcohol and if desired the 1 tablespoon of baby buble bath.

Pour liquid over the halved roll of paper towels in the container and soak for 30 minutes. Remove the cardboard center. Feed the top corner of paper towels through an X -shaped slit  you have cut in the lid of the container so you can pull out and tear off one wipe at a time.

Re: XP Great way to save money after LO is born.

• Options

Neat, thanks for sharing!!

• Options
    Good to know!  Where did you get the recipe?
    Photobucket
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Since we're CDing, we'll just be using cloth wipes (probably a bunch of the cheap washcloths from Target). I'll have a spray bottle at the changing station with water and a few drops of some natural soap in it. Spritz the cloth and use!
  • Options

imageBBachmann:

I bought "The Duggars 20 and counting!" when I found out I was pregnant this was one of the bonus recipes not on their website. They had a recipe as well for homemade liquid laundry soap and powdered laundry soap as well the liquid makes about 10 gallons worth. I admire how they find ways to save money with a lot of kids.

https://www.duggarfamily.com/recipes.html

• Options
    imagejaat08:

imageBBachmann:

I bought "The Duggars 20 and counting!" when I found out I was pregnant this was one of the bonus recipes not on their website. They had a recipe as well for homemade liquid laundry soap and powdered laundry soap as well the liquid makes about 10 gallons worth. I admire how they find ways to save money with a lot of kids.

I use the Duggar laundry soap. It works really well and lasts a long time!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagesabrina_nb:
    imagejaat08:

imageBBachmann:

• Options
    imagesabrina_nb:
    imagejaat08:

imageBBachmann:

I was curious if anyone had used that recipe yet I was thinking about trying it, but I always forget to buy the stuff for it. Do you use their liquid or powdered soap?

• Options
    I second cloth wipes.  They don't tear apart while cleaning up messes and you only have to buy them once.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"