2nd Trimester
Options

Heres one for you...random rambling

So here lately Ihave been pondering about how the holidays will be once LO is born...DH is youngest of 8 kids I am the oldest of 3...his mom is 71 mine is 41...I have also been pondering the hospital situation as I have just learned that no one under six can be admitted to the recovery room...DH has a neice that is 5 and that is the prized possesion by their own admission in his family... i dont have anyone under the age of 6 in my family...this is my familys first grandchild this is his familys 18th! So I am at a crossroads, and its to the point where I feel I may come off as a ***. We live literally 7 houses away from DHs family because he is scared of getting to far from them...I live about 20 minutes away from mine....back to the holiday situation, would it be rude of me to tell DH that our son will be spending a larger amount of time at my familys home for the holidays since A) my family is not jehovah's witnesses and B) i feel that my son will benefit the most by having a stronger relationship with my family?

Man I must come across as a ***>>>let the flaming begin!

Re: Heres one for you...random rambling

• Options

if he can handle you saying B... i'd say it.  in fact i have said it.  DH and i both agree that his side of the family does not provide the kind of environment that we want our children to be overly exposed too. they are 12 kinds of crazy.

but if your DH can't handle the truth I'd just come up with some reasons that are true that go along with A and present your case in a rational way.  so it doesn't seem like you hate his family.... even if you do.

• Options
    You didn't think of the holiday/religion thing before you got married?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagemissdanib:
    You didn't think of the holiday/religion thing before you got married?

DH isnt a Jehovah its mainly just his mother that suddenly within the last 4 years decided to become...his mom is the one that usually hosts the Thanksgivings and dinners and such...

• Options
    If your not raising your child as a jehovah's witness i don't see why saying that would be an issue. My SO is catholic, I'm not. We are not raising the children we have together catholic. We spend more time with my family than his because of it. It hasn't an issue as he understands going to a catholic event would be very different for myself and are Lo's and i don't stop him from going. I think you should be fine as long as your Lo still has some kind of relationship with his family.
  • Options
    i would think with his mom being a Jehovah that they'd understand because it's my understanding at least that they don't celebrate the holidays.
  • Options
    i find myself being stingee <sp> with the baby...its not like i dont like his family its just i think that my LO wouldnt get treated the same as their precious 5 yr old grand daughter...i also dont like how they all seem to think that they can decide what relationships will be stronger than others...in a way id be happy if LO didnt see them but maybe once a month...
  • Options
    I am obviously not extreamly experienced with this since I have not been married very long, but maybe a compramise. spend christmas with your family each year. then trade off thanksgiving and new year each year. maybe that is what your thinking anyway since that is still the majority with your family. but maybe saying it that way sounds more appealing.
  • Options
    but then again....you want to be with people who will be celebrating it. i say you are right. sorry. im tired.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"