2nd Trimester
Options

Just because I ate it yesterday

doesn't mean you can try to shove lots of that 1 thing down my throat today!

1 of my co-workers means very well but needs to lighten up a little.  I had 1, only 1, Tootsie Pop yesterday.  My mouth/throat felt dry & I wanted something with flavor to help instead of just drinking water.  Happened to have 1 of those in my purse.  Today, she comes up to me with a handfull of mini-lollipops, holds them in my face & goes "Here!"  I said, very politely, "Oh!  No thanks".  She keeps shoving them towards me saying, "they're for you, have one!"  to which I said "Oh, thanks.  Is it ok if I put them in the candy dish?  I might have one later".  She got all disappointed & finally said "Fine.".  ???  Sorry if I didn't want a lollipop right now.  Didn't know that made me a bad person.  I was at least nice in saying no thanks.

ETA:   Yes, VERY nice gesture, AS I ORIGINALLY STATED.  again, just saying it shouldn't give people the right to shove food in my face then get upset with ME when I say no thank you POLITELY.  & yes, I did accept them & put them in my candy dish (as stated above). 

Dylan Gabriel 04/29/10 Aiden Drake 04/28/12

Re: Just because I ate it yesterday

• Options

I think it was a very nice gesture.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagecdc1982:

1 of my co-workers means very well but needs to lighten up a little.  I had 1, only 1, Tootsie Pop yesterday.  My mouth/throat felt dry & I wanted something with flavor to help instead of just drinking water.  Happened to have 1 of those in my purse.  Today, she comes up to me with a handfull of mini-lollipops, holds them in my face & goes "Here!"  I said, very politely, "Oh!  No thanks".  She keeps shoving them towards me saying, "they're for you, have one!"  to which I said "Oh, thanks.  Is it ok if I put them in the candy dish?  I might have one later".  She got all disappointed & finally said "Fine.".  ???  Sorry if I didn't want a lollipop right now.  Didn't know that made me a bad person.  I was at least nice in saying no thanks.

I think you might get flamed for this. :( 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagekimbarnes83:
    imagecdc1982:

Wow Kim, something we just MIGHT agree on :)

• Options
    lol i think it was nice of her and you should of just accepted them and put them in a drawer. people give me crap i dont want and i just say thanks and either give it to someone else or take it home and give it to my bf or mom.  JMO
  • Options
    She was only trying to share her lollipops...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    it's pretty weird that you reacted to a gift like that.
  • Options

That actually sounds really sweet to me, sorry.  She obviously saw you eating one yesterday and probably thought you were craving lollipops or needed them to help your throat, so she tried to do something nice by bringing you more.

And hey, be thankful you have semi-attentive coworkers in the first place, even if it annoys you--mine just try to convince me that I should fly to Canada for a conference at 36 weeks, so that they won't have to travel themselves!  

• Options
    imagekimbarnes83:

That's fine.  #1 it's a vent.  #2 if people read it correctly I said she means very well & that I was very polite to her about saying no thanks.  I didn't go off on her, I wasn't rude.  I just am stating that yes it's nice to offer but don't assume I'm going to want something just because I had it 1 time.

Yes, VERY nice gesture, AS I ORIGINALLY STATED.  again, just saying it shouldn't give people the right to shove food in my face then get upset with ME when I say no thank you POLITELY.

• Options
    imagekkalina:
    lol i think it was nice of her and you should of just accepted them and put them in a drawer. people give me crap i dont want and i just say thanks and either give it to someone else or take it home and give it to my bf or mom.  JMO
      Agreed.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Why didn't you just take them?  She was just trying to be nice and give you something that she thought you would enjoy.  The right thing to do would of been to accept the suckers, say thank you and then put them in your purse.

• Options
    imagecdc1982:
    imagekimbarnes83:

That's fine.  #1 it's a vent.  #2 if people read it correctly I said she means very well & that I was very polite to her about saying no thanks.  I didn't go off on her, I wasn't rude.  I just am stating that yes it's nice to offer but don't assume I'm going to want something just because I had it 1 time.

Yes, VERY nice gesture, AS I ORIGINALLY STATED.  again, just saying it shouldn't give people the right to shove food in my face then get upset with ME when I say no thank you POLITELY.

Wow.  Emotional much?

• Options
    I think she was being nice, I would have just taken them and put them away...
  • Options

imagelnyost:

Wow.  Emotional much?

LOL!  No ^_^.  Just restating what I wrote in my original post.

• Options
    imagecdc1982:

imagelnyost:

Wow.  Emotional much?

But don't you think being upset and venting about a co-worker thinking about you and doing something nice for you is just a bit much?

• Options

Even if you don't want a gift, you should always accept it and say thank you regardless.

You could have given them away when she left.

• Options
    I can see where you are coming from and you did handle it very politely.  my guess is that she probably won't bring anything else anytime soon though. 
  • Options
    I LOVE lolliepops, can I have one?  Please?!
  • Options
    imagelnyost:
    imagecdc1982:

imagelnyost:

Wow.  Emotional much?

But don't you think being upset and venting about a co-worker thinking about you and doing something nice for you is just a bit much?

Wasn't upset about her thinking about me, I said that she means very well.  But when so many people are sick right now (at least 2 confirmed with H1N1 in our office of 18 people) having food shoved in your face is a little rude.  But, I felt I was very polite (didn't know at first she was giving them all to me, just was telling me to take one; when I found out she wanted me to take them all, I offered to put them in my candy dish & have one later instead of then & there like she wanted me to do).  I was put off by her getting upset with me because I didn't shove one in my mouth like she wanted but put them in my candy dish.

*shrug*  Oh well, sorry for pissing people off.

• Options
    Irritated or not, I probably would have just said thank you and put them away.  Admittedly though, my main motivation would be the belief that someone who brings me lollipops might one day bring me brownies, and there's no way I'm gonna shut down the potential for hand-delivered baked goods.
  • Options

imagemiaomi:
    I LOVE lolliepops, can I have one?  Please?!

Lol!  Sure!  Strawberry Splash, Cherry or Green Apple?

• Options

imagekkalina:

Yes

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"