2nd Trimester
Options

What a week!!!

Thought I might share my experience with you girls. I had terrible abdominal pain on Sunday night, which ended up rushing to the hospital at 4 am. They did an unltrasound and found I had stones in my gall bladder.  :o( I was admitted at 6 am and placed on a only liquid diet. (Horrible) Everytime I ate something the pain would come back; but not as intense as the first time. They had me back and forth with liquid and low fat diet. They had a surgeon come and advised me that in the 2nd trimester there's an open window that a surgery could be done, but theres no guarrantee that our baby could survive. (Wich they don't want to do any surgery right now, as long as the pain is not as intense)

They have me on a fat-free diet until I give birth, because if I eat anything with fat it could trigger the pain to come back. Once LO arrives, a month after I would have to go into surgery to have my gall bladder removed. I would have to suck up the pain for our LO (anything I have to do for our lil princess) but if the pain increases and does not go away, then I would have to return because an inffection could have occurred and thats life threating for both of us. (Praying to God that no pain as severe as before comes back) 

Have anyone had any experience with their gall bladder??

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What a week!!!

• Options
    yikes! no experience but wishing the best for you and LO!!
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Wow! I've had no experience in this, but I wish you the best.
    Ashley & Jeff Married since August 2007 BFP Cycle #16, Clomid 100mg DD #1 born on March 25, 2010 TTC #2 as of May 31, 2011 Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had to have my gallbladder out when my first LO was 6 months old, it was terrible until after the surgery then I felt like another person. I could only eat broth for a month before someone realized that it was my gallbladder (its not something they look at when your 17). The surgery isnt that bad, i have 4 tiny scars from it. No biggie, and it was out patient so I was home that afternoon. Good luck, hopefully you can make it through until the LO comes!
  • Options

imagetmlz2008:
    I had to have my gallbladder out when my first LO was 6 months old, it was terrible until after the surgery then I felt like another person. I could only eat broth for a month before someone realized that it was my gallbladder (its not something they look at when your 17). The surgery isnt that bad, i have 4 tiny scars from it. No biggie, and it was out patient so I was home that afternoon. Good luck, hopefully you can make it through until the LO comes!

Wow.. My mom had hers removed to and has been giving me advice on not to worry just be carefull what I eat. (Hopefully they had fat free cakes.. during our baby shower!! lol)

Thank you for your support ladies.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    T&P I hope it works out
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    OMG...I had the same issue with my first and hoping it won't happen with my second now. I started getting excruciating pains around 6 months and ended up in the hospital twice before the due date. They put me on demerol at the hospital and did ultrasounds and found i had sludge. Want to hear the amazing part? After I gave birth....no pains ever again. Weirdest thing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"