2nd Trimester
Options

anyone currently using the new GI bill? (NBR)

Is anyone currently using the new GI bill that came out earlier this year?  My husband is eligible for the GI bill and is planning on going to school in January.  I'm wondering what people think of it so far.  Are the tuition payments going directly to the schools smoothly and are you receiving the monthly living allowance (or whatever they are calling it) in a timely manner etc....
~Mel~ Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: anyone currently using the new GI bill? (NBR)

• Options
    Im planning on using it for Grad school so Im eager to hear anyone's response.
  • Options
    One of our soldiers ETS'd earlier this year. She is going to school in Texas, I'm not sure if they are paying the school directly or not, but she hasn't had any problems with the New GI bill. She gets E5 BAH promptly every month.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

My DH is using it to go back and get his masters. He has been very pleased his only "compliant" is that because it is a new policy very few the the VA reps at the universities/colleges are knowledgeable about the process. It took about 4 months for all of his paper work to be processed so he was left having to take whatever classes he could get. If you are going to be depending on the housing allowance be prepared that any financial compensation will be a long time coming. 

Now that it has been a few months I am sure the process will go much more smoothly in the future.

• Options
    Thanks for the responses!  I am pretty sure having tuition paid directly to the school is one of the new GI bill benefits so you don't have to deal with it yourself, the BAH is great too of course.  I am looking forward to my DH going to school and only having to work part-time (hopefully that will help cover expenses thanks to the BAH and my paychecks)  It will be an adjustment for him he hasn't been in school in so long but we are both excited.  We have a lot of changes coming our way.  He will have to find a new job to flexibly work around his school schedule (he travels for work now), be in school in January, and baby in March...what a roller coaster!
    ~Mel~ Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm not using the GI Bill, but I am using the MyCAA program for dependents. I love it!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"