2nd Trimester
Options

Took a nasty fall last night. Anyone else do this?

I tripped on the sidewalk (no apparent reason) and fell right down on my belly.  I bruised up my hands, elbow, and knees pretty bad, so I know I broke the fall somewhat, but I am still worried about my belly, even though there was no pain there, no bleeding, contractions, etc.  

I went in to see a midwife today, and we heard both heartbeats, and she checked my cervix, which was fine.  I know I should be happy, but I am still worried that I may have hurt them.  I wish we could see them on u/s...I feel like that would make me feel better, but the midwife says it wouldn't really give us much info.

I just feel so badly about being so clumsy and wish it hadn't happened at all.  I keep thinking I must have caused some harm to them, and even though there's nothing I can do now, I still can't help feeling bad.

Anyone else have experience with this? 

7/2009 - Gonal-F cycle #2 with Ovidrel trigger and IUI #5 - BFP! Twin boys born at 38 weeks 3 days! 8 months later...spontaneous BFP! And twins again! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Took a nasty fall last night. Anyone else do this?

• Options
    I'm sure they are just fine. If it makes you feel any better, I am sooo clumsy too. Have been my whole life and it just gets worse with pregnancy. I almost fell off of a really high train engine yesterday getting down at a train museum with my daughter. Not cool, note to self to be way, way more careful. Glad you are okay:)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

If the heart beats are still going strong, try not to worry about it (easier said than done I know!) They are probably fine!  Stressing about it wont help, cause there isn't really anything you can do. 

Our bodies are designed to protect the baby, so try to forgive yourself.  It isn't your fault that pregnancy can make you clumsy! It sounds like you are doing all you can to make sure they are ok! Just follow your midwifes advise!

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Somehow I totally forgot there are stairs leading into my garage, and I fell down them the other day, landing on the hood of my car.  Other than some hip pain I didn't worry to much.  I figured since there wasn't any bleeding things should be fine, and so I just monitored myself for a couple of days.  I'm sure your babies are okay :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"