2nd Trimester
Options

Had a surprise pap smear at my appt today..

I should've been expecting it, I hadn't had one since last year. But they didn't tell me til I got in the room and saw all the stuff. Fun times! I need to be a little more mentally prepared for such events.

I also got my H1N1 flu shot. So there was poking fun all around!

Re: Had a surprise pap smear at my appt today..

• Options
    that sucks!!!! my dr ALWAYS gives me warning on those things!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Gotta love that!  I had a "surprise" pelvic exam yesterday too...UGH! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    LOL, that's funny!  I am always worried about a surprise "smear"!  Hubby thinks I'm crazy for jumping in the shower to make a 7:30am app! 
  • Options
    argh. yea...mental preparation is a must.
  • Options
    I'm almost due for one, but I'm going to refuse it until after I'm not pg anymore if they bring it up. I had to have an internal to check on some spotting a few weeks ago, and I don't know if it was the dr. or being pg, but it hurt wayyy more than normal. I'll have enough internals in Jan, Feb, and Mar... if they want to sneak in a pap at one of those, they can, but I don't need any extra ones thank you very much!
  • Options

imageLaNegrita:
    argh. yea...mental preparation is a must.

For me, phyical preparation is a must also.  I am neglecting "hair" these days and would be super embarrassed.  **mental note - appointment monday morning, be prepared!!!**

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Today must be surprise pap smear day.....I had one too, and was COMPLETELY unprepared...mentally and otherwise!!!  I had one at my last appointment but apparently they werent able to get enough cells from the sample to get a good result...?   I dont know, but I was a bit peeved that I was not called in advance and warned of the impending speculum.....URRR!!

Meredith

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    So I am now worrying that I may be facing a surprise when I go for my next visit! Those of you that have had these not so fun surprises did they do one when you had your first appt?  My dr did one then so I am really hoping not to have one anytime soon!
  • Options
    My dr mentioned it at my first appt, but we never did one.. I knew it was coming, but I hoped they forgot. Not my luck. And man did it hurt extra!
  • Options
    i had one at my first appointment by surprise.  i wasn't even thinking about it but my last one was september of last year so i was due for it! definitely could have used a heads up on that one! especially since my fiance came with me.  poor guy...sitting in that room with me, the doctor and a medical student while i got a pap smear, pelvic exam & breast exam.  LOL.  his face was priceless.  
  • Options
    :( ugh no fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"