2nd Trimester
Options

over-reacting!!!??

Am I over-reacting when I get a bit (and I really mean a little bit) paniced becuase someone in my office is puking and sweating and I want them to get the eff out of here and not come back until they go the Dr and My boss is telling me and a couple of my other co workers to calm down, and I get that it might not be the swine, maybe just regular flu which I got vaccinated for but either way I still don't want to be around them.   The girl is still here helping customers!   I work in a small office and we all end up catching each others sickness's and I'm sorry for being concerned for myself and unborn childs health when this flu is going around.  
Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: over-reacting!!!??

• Options
    neither flu makes you puke as a primary symptom, they are respiratory diseases (coughing, trouble breathing, fever, achy)   BUT, if coworker is seriously puking they need to go home b/c they are spreading their gastrointestinal virus or whatever around and there is no vaccine for that and you could all get it.
  • Options

I don't know about where you work, but if I were in close quarters and the boss refused to send a clearly ill person home - then I'd tell him that I was working from home until they're better.

Agreed with pp.  It's probably the stomach flu (not actually the flu) or food poisoning.  I don't get the illness martyrs, I'm no hero.  I just call out sick.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    YES! ...just kidding!!  People who FREAK OUT about the swine flu are a little crazy to me.  BUT no. I don't want to be around anyone with ANY illness.  I don't care if it's just your allergy's, go away!! I work in a small office myself and my boss/dad has been coughing SO bad, and WON'T leave. Now my throat hurts, GREAT THANKS!
  • Options
    Maybe she is pregnant and doesn't want to tell anyone yet.
  • Options
    imageNeverKnew:

I don't know about where you work, but if I were in close quarters and the boss refused to send a clearly ill person home - then I'd tell him that I was working from home until they're better.

Agreed with pp.  It's probably the stomach flu (not actually the flu) or food poisoning.  I don't get the illness martyrs, I'm no hero.  I just call out sick.

This, it is crazy your boss would not send them home and risk getting everyone else sick...  I would refuse to work in that environment and tell him I will be working from home.  Your boss needs to understand that it is not okay...

• Options
    LOL totally thought, maybe she's prego!
  • Options

imagemomagain25:
    Maybe she is pregnant and doesn't want to tell anyone yet.

She is someone who would say something if she were pregnant, but she was talking yesterday about being on her period etc.  So I don't think thats it, and she did just make a Dr appt and is now finally leaving!  Bout time!   Now excuse me while I drench this place in Lysol!

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagemrsmcphail:
    neither flu makes you puke as a primary symptom, they are respiratory diseases (coughing, trouble breathing, fever, achy)   BUT, if coworker is seriously puking they need to go home b/c they are spreading their gastrointestinal virus or whatever around and there is no vaccine for that and you could all get it.

Big Smile   happy to see that there is someone else who knows that puking does not = flu.   although, still not something you want to catch .........if you are sick, go home. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"