Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Help me decide...

Sorry, yet another toy kitchen question!

I think we are going to get DD a kitchen set for her "big" present this year.  Here's my dilemma, though.  My favorite kitchen I've seen is this one from Ikea.  I like the design and the compact size- we live in a small house and it will easily fit.  If it weren't for the factors below, I would definitely get it.

However: my MIL owns a toy store, and can get us pretty much any kitchen we want (except for the Ikea one!) at approx. 50% of retail price.  The ones she is suggesting to me are either this one or this one from Hape, or this from Plan Toys, but I'd probably want to get the refrigerator too.  She keeps asking me which one I've decided on, and I feel like if I get the Ikea one I will hurt her feelings- she just bought the toy store a few months ago and is pretty stressed out about it, and while she won't be making money if I buy it through her b/c she'll insist on selling it to me at cost, I don't want her to feel like her products aren't as good, etc, and I'm afraid that she will.

I like the Hape ones okay, but they are pretty small in person, which is good for our space issues but I'm afraid might mean that Penny will outgrow it sooner.  I love the Plan toys one, but it is a lot bigger and expensive even with the discount.

So, WWYD?

Peru!
imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Help me decide...

• If you prefer the IKEA one, could you show it to her and see if she can find something closer to it in size and style?   Personally, I love the Educo My French Kitchen and would just get that one if I could get it at cost! 
  • I actually think the French Kitchen is quite adorable! I can see what you are saying about her possibly outgrowing it sooner, but in worst case scenario, you can sell it on CL later and use that money towards a new one later. I don't think I would put out the $200+ on a play kitchen, but then again with your discount, it's not too bad if she can play with it for a number of years. But I did not see anything about it that stood out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"