Babies: 9 - 12 Months
Options

geekchick, if these people you are seeing tomorrow

are extreme douchebags, WHY are you hanging out with them at all?  "bf" or not, shouldn't your husband maybe pull the plug if they suck so bad??

Re: geekchick, if these people you are seeing tomorrow

• Options

I wouldn't call them "extreme" douchebags; that's a big exaggeration.  Yes, it's up to my husband to pull the plug, and if I flat-out told him that I don't want to associate with them anymore, he would.  It's a bit of a sticky situation because A, it's been primarily passive-aggressive douchebaggery that's harder to call them out on, and B, the actual friend isn't the only, let alone the main, culprit.  It's just as much some of his family, and it would be easy to separate them but (and believe me I judge this plenty) the friend's parents and all their (adult) kids live in the same house.  He also has a little girl that is only a few months older than DD and most of our friends don't have kids yet, so I'm also torn on cutting ties with one of the few playmates we know for DD in her age bracket (outside of daycare).

Like I said in the other post, though, they weren't as crappy last time we hung out, so maybe they've realized what asshats they've been lately.  I'm doing this because it's nice and it may be a step towards getting along better again, but if they don't seem to appreciate it it'll just justify my feelings.  It's a win-win, even if I have to go the extra mile tomorrow morning.

Wife, mom, Ob/Gyn resident
    Sarah - 12/23/2008
    Alex - 9/30/2011

"I say embrace the total geek in yourself and just enjoy it. Life is too short to be cool." - Shirley Manson, Garbage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"