Success after IF
Options

Trying for #2 after IF question

Should we go directly back to RE or try for a while first? I think we should go directly back but DH thinks other wise - he wants to try for a while before heading back to RE. ?What do you ladies think?

Re: Trying for #2 after IF question

• Options
    I've been charting for a while and I'm planning on a consult with the RE.  If I were in more of a hurry I would have called sooner though!  IMO it depends on your timeline, as well as the reasons for your IF.  MFI wouldn't be cured by pg, for example, but ovulation issues could...plus you can always get lucky like many others on here have!  Best wishes!!! :)
    Pregnant with #1 with PCOS and LPD, success with mostly naturopathic treatments
    Our Thanksgiving Day baby 11/22/07

imageimageimage

Pregnant with #2 with LPD, uterine polyp/hysteroscopy, DOR (AMH = 0.17), 2 c/ps
    Our early Christmas present 12/9/10
  • Options

I think, for me, it would depend on the reason for IF. It it were unexplained, trying for a bit may be worth while (certainly from a cost perspective), but I would set a fairly limited period of time (def. not a full year). If MFI, I would go straight to treatment.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    We're going to see what happens until Ethan turns a year. Hoping we'll get pregnant on our own but since I have PCOS and we have MFI the odds aren't good. However, we don't want to actively pursue it for awhile. It's tough!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I will probably try for 3 months on our own and then go back. I would really like them to be less than two years apart (plus, I'm 37)- but would love to not have to deal with going through ivf again.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We wanted them close together, so we just went right back to the RE. I never went back on BCP after Brady was born and never got AF so I knew we would have issues again. I was back at the RE when Brady was 4 months old!
  • Options
    It would depend on your original dx.  I was anovulatory but my PP AF's have been regular so when we're ready we'll try on our own for a while first.  If I wasnt having regular AFs or we had MFI, I would go right back.  Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

-----Lisa-----
  • Options
    We went right back to RE but that was because of our issues.  I think it would highly depend on your issues.  
  • Options

It depends - we went back to the RE when DS was a year old - it seemed early to us at the time but it took us a whole year of treatments to get pg again.

For us, our biggest issue is MFI so pg wouldn't help that. For a lot  women, pg seems to help with issues like PCOS or annovulation - so if those are your issues - or endo which is clear for a few cycles after pg - I think I'd give it a try without an RE for a bit.

But, if you are concerned about your age, that might change things too.

Good luck

• Options
    btw - your ds is adorable!
  • Options

imagetrilady2:
    btw - your ds is adorable!

?

Thank you! ?:)

+ thanks for the input everyone. We might see what happens till LO is a year and then go back to RE. I think that's a happy medium. Plus, I am BFing and was told by my OBGYN that I would have to stop BFing if I did get PG.?

• Options

DH wanted to try 6 months first.

I thought he was crazy.  My ovaries sucked, I was getting older, my RE told me to wean early and race back but not to count on having another IVF be successful.

RE gave us less than 5% odds of ever conceiving on our own.

Well.... 1st ovulation post weaning - WHAMMO.

I was so confident it was a waste of time.

I was wrong.

I think that if you had a rough road with IF that maybe it wouldn't hurt to honor DH's wishes.

I know with our first round of IF I pushed HARD for all of our treatments and I felt like I owed it to him to go the route he wanted to the second time around.

Glad I did.

GL with your decisions. 

Our IF journey: 1 m/c, 1 IVF with only 3 eggs retrieved yielding Dylan and a lost twin, 1 shocker unmedicated BFP resulting in Jace, 3 more unmedicated pregnancies ending in more losses.
    Total score: 6 pregnancies, 5 losses, 2 amazing blessings that I'm thankful for every single day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"