2nd Trimester

Having a moment :(

When I was 9 weeks pregnant, we found out I was having twins.  2 weeks later, we found out I had lost one of them.  As overwhelming as it had been to think about double of everything, we wanted both of them so much.  I was of course very upset initially, but I had been doing fine and hadn't cried in probably 6 weeks. 

That is until Thursday when I saw the wife of one of my coworkers.  She's having boy/girl twins, and her due date is the exact same as mine (she will obviously have her babies before me, but we are at the same point in our pregnancies).  I couldn't help but think about how that was supposed to be me.  I've been dwelling on it ever since and just had a little breakdown.  Of course I'm happy to have even one healthy baby on the way, but I keep thinking about the one I lost too. 

DH is gone right now, so I'm just sitting here by myself crying and staring at my one ultrasound picture that is proof that at one point I had two LOs on the way.  I hate to sound needy, espeically since I know people have suffered much worse losses, but I really could use a couple words of encouragement/sympathy right now.    

Hilary
imageimage
imageimage
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Having a moment :(

• First of all I am sorry to hear about the loss of the twin. I went through the same thing with this pregnancy, and lost one at 7 weeks. I also had 3 miscarriages before that. I can honestly say that I was terrified of having twins, but I was still devastated to lose the one. I know how you feel. Its almost mixed emotions because you are so sad to lose one, but so excited you still have one healthy one. I just try to look at miscarriages as "What's meant to be will be." Feel better and know that you're not along. If you ever wanna chat I am here :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm so sorry!  That must be very hard to be around.  ::hugs::
  • Loading the player...
  • A loss is a loss.  I am so very sorry for yours.  Left Hug
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am sorry you are going through this. I went through something similar with my last pregnancy.  It got much harder for me as I got bigger and people would joke...are you sure it isn't twins? Even some close family member made that joke. (everyone seemed to have forgotten that we started out with twins.) To this day it still hurts a little when I think about  it. (We also had several m/c's before my son was born.) I am happy to say that I now have a very healthy, very fun little 1 year old. I wake up every day and think of how lucky we are to have him.  I hope you feel better but I totally can relate. Life is not always fair.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"