Infertility
Options

what cd do you usually start clomid?

Hi,  I am a very new poster, so pls pardon any ignorance.  I have an appt with the RE on Nov 4, but my cycle may start before that.  What cycle day do you usually begin clomid? 

We could not begin last month because I had a large cyst.  So we did an IUI without meds.  The plan was to begin clomid this cycle.  I am just not that regular, so I am worried my dr appt will be too late in the cycle.  Can't go the dr earlier, work commitments this week!

Thanks for whatever help you can give!

Re: what cd do you usually start clomid?

• Options
    Well, I would call your doctors office on Monday.  Most doctors have you take Clomid starting on day 3 or 5.  I always do mine days 5-9 but I'd call to find out what they want you to do.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I also take mine CD 5-9
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

thanks ladies

• Options
    I am only on my second round of clomid but I have started on cd5 both times.
  • Options
    The first time I met with our RE I was on CD 7- he went ahead and started me on Clomid because my cycles were so long it would have been another month and a half before I got my next period. ?After that, I started on CDs 5-9. ?Good luck!
  • Options
    My RE always had me do Clomid on cd 3-7.  GL to you!
  • Options
    I have done days 3-7 on both of my clomid cycles.
    My IVF twins born at 33w6days by c-section due to twin A being IUGR Rylan born at 2:54pm weighing 2lb 8oz, 14.5 inches Emma born at 2:55pm weighing 5lb 5oz, 18 inches Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My first month on Clomid I did CD5-9. But I ovulated too early so my second month we switched to CD3-7 and that worked much better for me.
    TTC #1 since June 2008 *SAIFW*

TI, IUIs, IVF = c/ps and BFNs

• Options
    I started on CD3 to CD9....today is my last day.
    IAmPregnant Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I did 3-7 for my first time

5-9 for the second

I am going to do 3-7 again for this one 

Feb 2010 - IVF #1 BFP, miscarriage with D&C April 2010 - IVF #2 BFN June 2010 - IVF #3 BFP, Baby girl born March 2011 Oct 2011 - Natural BFP, D&C Dec Jan 2012 - back to RE
  • Options
    I did cd 4-8. Why does everyone else have odd days? I wonder if I misread the instructions???
  • Options

IUI#1 - Clomid CD 5-9

IUI#2 - Clomid CD 3-7

IUI#3 - Clomid CD 3-7 (this cycle)

Photo by J Shelton Photography

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married 10/5/08 | 2 yrs of TTC, tests, procedures & a m/c | IVF #2 =James!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"