Parenting

Okay 19 more kids die of swine flue this past week?!?

I am one who is leaning towards not getting the vaccine for my children (I am pro-vaccines but torn about this) and now I am nervous once again!! Anyone else? I feel like with this stupid flu it lasts all year long, not just fall and spring!

Re: Okay 19 more kids die of swine flue this past week?!?

• I mean flu, not flue - sorry :)
  • I'm only nervous because it is taking my pediatrician so long to get the vaccine.  My kids will get it as soon as it comes in.
  • Loading the player...
  • Knowing, personally, two children hospitalized from it and one child who died (otherwise healthy), it was a no brainer for me.  By some fluke, I happened upon the half hour they were taking appointments for the small supply the pedi's office got.

My girls had their first (may not ever get their booster) H1N1 shot last Wednesday.  I couldn't NOT do it.  The alternative (getting the flu) is scary the way it is affecting young, healthy kids.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • DS got his shot yesterday and I am very happy about it. I get him the flu shot every year. The flu is NO FUN. If I can do something to help him avoid being sick and miserable, I am going to do it. Now I just need to try and find it for me and DH!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I got themthe regular flu shot but I am on the fence about this. Not against it, just don't know. I don't even think my ped office has it in yet.
  • It is made in the exact same way, in the same time frame, and tested on the same # of people as the regular flu shot (which is brand new every year). There is no difference except for the strain it protects you against. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagetrue_norskie:

Knowing, personally, two children hospitalized from it and one child who died (otherwise healthy), it was a no brainer for me.  By some fluke, I happened upon the half hour they were taking appointments for the small supply the pedi's office got.

My girls had their first (may not ever get their booster) H1N1 shot last Wednesday.  I couldn't NOT do it.  The alternative (getting the flu) is scary the way it is affecting young, healthy kids.

I'm curious why you wouldn't get the booster?  Is it not necessary?

My kids got the first shot today. It's the first vax they've ever gotten. As unsure as I am of shots, I'm much more worried about this flu than the vax itself.   

Christmas 2009 image
  • imageflgirl79:
    imageCTFandme:
    imagetrue_norskie:

Knowing, personally, two children hospitalized from it and one child who died (otherwise healthy), it was a no brainer for me.  By some fluke, I happened upon the half hour they were taking appointments for the small supply the pedi's office got.

I'm curious why you wouldn't get the booster?  Is it not necessary?

My kids got the first shot today. It's the first vax they've ever gotten. As unsure as I am of shots, I'm much more worried about this flu than the vax itself.   

Not meaning to speaking for who your question is directed at, but I think she meant they wouldn't get the booster because it might not be available. At least, that is what they are saying where I live.

Right-O!  IF it is available, you bet you a$$ they'll be getting it.  I'm not banking on it though...

My poor youngest daughter may not even be able to get her booster for the seasonal flu shot.  

I am thankful that they each got ONE dose of H1N1 at least, and that DD2 got ONE dose of the seasonal (DD1 got hers, but she only needed the one dose).  It is better than nothing...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"