Breastfeeding

coffee drinkers come in please!

I allow myself one cup of coffee every morning and no other caffeine throughout the day. Than I started feeling guilty so I switched to Decaf for this past week and dd is sleeping less and seems to wake easier and taking cat naps instead of her regular hour naps. Is this wierd or what? i think I should just go back to my regular coffee. anyone have this happen to them?

Re: coffee drinkers come in please!

• That hasn't happened to me but I've literally sat there BF-ing while drinking a cherry Coke and she went down for a nap soon after!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • According to research that I've read, only 1/100 gets into your milk supply. I drink coffee and two sodas with no problem.

I also eat an enormous amount of chocolate. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I think one cup of coffee is ok.
    imageimageimageBabyFruit Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyName Ticker
  • I don't think it's the caffeine, just chance.

I've had days where I drink 2 cups of coffee plus several diet cokes.  No change in DD's sleeping.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Apparently the doll needed a time out... image
  • Never happened to me, but ds's pedi told me that she's done a lot of research on breastfeeding and caffeine and the amount that comes through is so minimal (Kelly Mom says the same thing) that unless there's a sensitivity, you can drink caffeine moderately without guilt.
  • imageDarcyLongfellow:

I don't think it's the caffeine, just chance.

I've had days where I drink 2 cups of coffee plus several diet cokes.  No change in DD's sleeping.

same here. I've gotten lattes and forgotten to order decaf - no change.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think I was careful with caffeine for the first few months. Then I went back to work, and coffee was a necessity. I just tried to follow the same guidelines I did while pg, so less than 200 mg most days, less than 300 mg on days I really needed that extra cup of coffee.  :)
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"