Parenting

mirena

has anyone gotten this? i was curious what everyones opinion of this was

Re: mirena

• I've had it for 4 months.  The insertion was extremely uncomfortable.  I almost fainted right afterward and it took a few hours to really recover.  I felt crampy for a few days.  Then about 6 weeks later DH said he could feel the string during sex and it hurt him, so I had to have the strings clipped shorter.  However I am very happy about it now.  So glad I don't have to worry about and birth control for 5 years.  I would do it all again aside from the bumpy start.
  • I got mine at my  6 week pp check up.  Got a pap and follow up check as well.  Insertion was a breeze, took all of 2 minutes from the fitting to the insertion.  Just a pinch was all. 

I bled pretty heavily for 2 weeks after, and spotted for at least two more weeks. 

Now I love it.  I don't even think about bc anymore.  I have had 3 pretty light periods since they came back.  I am hopeful that they will disappear in the future.

promised myself I'd retire when I turned gold, and yet here I am
  • Loading the player...
  • I LOVE mine. No periods and no worries about a surprise and no pill to remember every night. Wish I had done it sooner! Insertion was uncomfortable but not painful- had mild cramps for a week then nothing.
  • ok this makes me very excited. Since I have had my son I'm lucky if I remember to brush my teeth everyday. and not having to deal with periods...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"