Attachment Parenting

Bed Sharing question

Ok, so ds and I have been bed sharing since he was 2 months old.  He's going on 11 months now.  We started bed sharing because he'd wake up and refuse to go back to sleep unless I was holding him.  No amount of soothing would work.   

DH works till 11pm, and often doesn't wind down to go to sleep until 2 or 3am, so he sleeps in the twin bed in the nursery. 

I tried a few times in the past to get Jack to sleep in his crib.  CIO is painful for me and him, and we didn't get past 15 minutes.  Putting him down sleepy but awake is, and always has been, a joke for him.  And white noise machines and vibrating mattresses key him up. 

Anyone have any idea how to get him to sleep in his room or can you offer me some encouragement that he'll eventually grow out of the need to sleep with his mama (even though I love having my snuggle bunnny next to me, I miss DH).

Also, on a completly unrelated topic, how does one go about cutting out middle of the night BF?  I know he doesn't need to nurse the 2 or 3 times he does during the night.  If I refuse, he wakes completly up and throws a fit!  Help!

Re: Bed Sharing question

• There will be a time when your DS doesn't need or want to sleep with you.  We are approaching that here.  As for night nursing, I didn't force weaning of DS.  He actually did it by himself over this past summer.  Right now he's waking up once a night just for a quick cuddle because I think he's going through a small phase right now.  But, if I forced weaning he would not have it.  But, he is also high needs so I'm not willing to force some things because it sets him back and just adds to stubborn.  Also, on nights where DH came to bed later than us he was able to quietly crawl into bed with us without disturbing anyone.  On the rare occasion DS did wake up he just latched back on briefly and went right back to sleep.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"