Success after IF

low fetal heartrate

Hi ladies!

I am thrilled to be pregnant with twins after IVF, but had a question about my last u/s. I was exactly 7 weeks, but one guy measured 6 wks 3 days and had a heartbeat of 107. We got to hear it, which was the most amazing sound I've ever heard! The other is measuring 6 weeks with a heartbeat of 100. The doctor said he's not sure the second will be viable and gave him/her a 50/50 shot. I left the appt thinking about how lucky we are that at least one was looking good, but after doing a quick google search, it seems that the neither are doing so well and they actually seem fairly similar. I have a follow up u/s on Wednesday, when I'll be 8 wks, to measure their progress.

Have any of you experienced anything similar? I'm pretty worried. I don't know if this is silly, but I started getting m/s a couple of days ago and have been really excited about it. It seems like my symptoms would go away if the little guys weren't doing well, but who knows.

Thanks for any advice!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: low fetal heartrate

• Take it one day at a time.  I am sorry it isn't so clear. 

But anything over 100 is supposed to be good.  Good luck.  I hope they are both looking good later on.

Health&Fitness Blog imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Our IVF miracles!
  • My son always had a really low heart rate... early on in the first tri it stayed between 115 and 130.  Later in the second and third tri it was more like 90 to 110.  The "average" of what is normal is between 120 and 180... but it's just "average".  There will always be babies who fall outside of the range slightly, and it doesn't always mean anything is wrong.
  • Loading the player...
  • Missy Piggy in my siggie was 99pbm on 6w0d.

GL !

Join us - Commit Random Acts of Kindness, and say "I did it for Cricket" Cricket's Cadence
  • Had almost the same situation as you. Doctor gave one of my twins 50/50 chance. Was measuring small and hb was slower. Unfortunately for me each US baby b was measuring further and further behind, even though the hb was getting faster. Around 9 weeks the hb stopped. Baby A is doing well. 

It's a difficult situation, but there is always hope. You never know how it'll turn out. Good luck and keep us posted. 

siggy should be here!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"