TTC After a Loss

How many hours is TOT in your town?

TOT = trick or treating

It's 3 hours here.  Greedy little b@stards.  I've got 2 hrs and 10 minutes left and only 3/4 of a bowl.  I'm already sick of answering my door.  The pup is feeling neglected and I want to finish my cheap bottle of wine and paint my nails.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How many hours is TOT in your town?

• Ours was 2 hours.  It was last night.  DH had a bowl of good candy, and not a single kid showed up.  Granted, we're the last house in the borough, and our neighbors are either a business or a township house with no sidewalk, but STILL...I wanted to see at least one cute kid dressed up.  I think DH needs to take that bowl of candy with him to work.  If it's sitting around here, I'm going to be in trouble.
  • I have no clue, I bought no candy and don't plan on answering the door.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Labor Buddy to Blowfish11
  • Loading the player...
  • This idea of designated TOT times is very odd to me. Is this an HOA thing, a city thing, what? And most importantly, WHY???? And why on earth would they designate TOT on Fri Oct 30 instead of Sat Oct 31? What do you do if a TOTer comes to your door today? Do they write them a ticket? I am just baffled by this.?
  • I guess it's so the public knows when to expect the children.  I have NO idea "WHY" and I do agree that it's silly to do last night when tonight is technically Halloween.  If a kid shows up at my door tonight, we won't be here.  We're heading out momentarily to shop for DH.
  • You're supposed to leave your front light on in my town if you are passing candy out.  That way they know they can stop at your house.  When I was growing up we lived in a crappy neighborhood/city and they always had it on the Sunday afternoon closest to Halloween.
  • If you're in an area where it's dangerous to walk around at night, totally understandable. But otherwise....?

I'm a little baffled that I just got 3pm TOTers in my neighborhood. My neighborhood is as safe as neighborhoods on the planet Earth come for walking around at night. TOTing during the day seems lame-o to me.

• 3 hours in our town. I have 2 hours and 20 minutes to go.  Only 7 kiddies so far.
  • imageColindaP:
    This idea of designated TOT times is very odd to me. Is this an HOA thing, a city thing, what? And most importantly, WHY???? And why on earth would they designate TOT on Fri Oct 30 instead of Sat Oct 31? What do you do if a TOTer comes to your door today? Do they write them a ticket? I am just baffled by this.
    Our town set the time.  The reason?  I think so people know when to expect the TOTers.
  • ha peetie! and I'm the opposite - usually we have tons and tons of kids. I buy about 10 large bags. tonight, yucky weather = me sitting here with tons of candy and no cute little kids to fawn over. My DH is in foul mood, so he is hiding upstairs doing whatever.

ugh.

m/c#1 07/16/08 (11 weeks), m/c#2 10/10/08 (8 weeks). and then nothing since except every test possible (no answers). IUI#1 and #2: BFNs Super lucky to be buddies with Peetie. Our out of nowhere, surprise DD born 5/29/2011
  • Mindy - I just gave out the last of it.  I only bought three mediumish bags.  There were only like two or three cutie kids.  The rest were brats in middle school or older.  Eh.   
  • I look forward to the middle schoolers in my n'hood b/c their costumes are usually so creative. . . instead I've had toddlers with warm coats over their costumes (gotta love the northeast brrrrrrr). oh well. I still have 6 bags left. crap. I'm going to have to bring this stuff to work or something. if not, I'll eat all of it.
    m/c#1 07/16/08 (11 weeks), m/c#2 10/10/08 (8 weeks). and then nothing since except every test possible (no answers). IUI#1 and #2: BFNs Super lucky to be buddies with Peetie. Our out of nowhere, surprise DD born 5/29/2011
  • I'm going to a Halloween party later, so I will be taking any leftover candy there. I'd rather have leftovers than not enough!
  • Huh, I've never heard of TOT being scheduled.  I guess the unspoken rule we've always followed is that it doesn't start until the sun starts setting (so about 5:30-6pm here) and then goes until about 9pm.  Then again I've always lived in a big city (Phoenix metro area) so maybe it's different in smaller cities and towns. :-)
    BFP #1 - 2/1/09-mc 2/5/09 @4wks
    BFP #2 - 6/24/09-mc 7/25/09 @8wks
    6/09 Dx w/PCOS--Metformin & Progesterone
    8/09 Dx w/Compound Hetero MTHFR--Neevo, Metanx & BA
    BFP #3 - 1/11/10 - DD1 born 9/16/10 @39w4d, 8lbs 14oz & 20in.
    Heparin from BFP to 34wks.
    BFP #4 - 10/4/11 - DD2 born 6/2/12 @38w1d, 8lbs 11oz & 21in.
    Same med protocol as last time, but heparin continued until delivery.
    BFP #5 - 3/30/14, EDC 12/10/14!!

Beta #1-76 (12dpo), Beta #2-238 (14dpo)
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I grew up in a small town and we didn't schedule TOT. It just seems wrong to me. Maybe I'm just an anarchist; DH's and my #1 priority for our new house was that it be in a nice neighborhood w/ no HOA. I don't like people bossing my personal life around. And it seems downright un-neighborly to get your panties all in a twist over what time TOTers came over on HAlloween.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"