Nurseries and Baby Gear

Name on wall help

SO...DH thinks that the vinyl clings look "weird" even though I'd like to do one so that one of the designers in my office could design it.

I was looking around Etsy, and I don't want to pay $20 per letter but I also don't want them to be too boring. 

Does anyone have suggestions for the best place to get the wooden letters? My choices are Michael's, Hobby Lobby--that's all I can think of. I'm not a good painter; I'm a creative writer, not an artist. 

OR if you have ideas for something to print and frame instead, please share. I could do that at work.

TIA!

Re: Name on wall help

• I got my wooden letters at Walmart for 1.97 each, they already came primed, but I covered them in scrapbook paper to match the room.  Lots of ideas on this site...

https://babyroombio.weebly.com/name-display.html

• My FIL is a fabulous woodworker (amongst his other many talents) so he's actually custom making some for me.  I drew out what I had in mind and pretty much gave him the reigns.  It'll be free technically since he uses scrap wood he has left over from previous projects.  Other than that, I know that Walmart carries some in their craft area and Michaels has a couple of different styles available for a pretty reasonable price.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Michael's has wooden letters for $2.99 each. They are already painted white so you don't have do anything to them if you don't want to...but you still have that option as well!

image image

BFP#1 06/01/09~DS Born 01/29/10 via c/s 

BFP#2 05/17/12~EDD 01/18/13~Natural M/C 05/27/12@6w2d 

BFP#3 07/03/12~DD Born 03/08/13 via sched. c/s 

BFP #4 10/03/13 EDD 06/09/14 SURPRISE!!! On our way to 2u2!

image image

International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC)...BF questions/concens welcome!

• I got mine at Hobby Lobby I think they were about $1.49 or $1.99 each
  • AC Moore has the different fonts. 
  • Believe it or not, I actually saw some at Pier 1 today. It has a little bit of engraving into each letter.
  • I bought mine at Michael's and spray painted them the main color of dd's room and then hand painted a secondary color in the groove around the edge. It was super easy & cheap!
  • I wanted to do letters too but wound up finding a small plaque that was already decorated and totally matched the transportation theme of the room.  I wound up just getting a black Sharpie and writing the name myself in fancy letters.  It took me no more than 5 minutes and looks adorable!
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • What if you had someone design a wall decal for you since you love that idea and then attach it to a colored piece of paper and then frame the paper. ?It would be the design you want but it would be a framed art piece rather than a decal, which your DH should like too.

I do not like the look of decals at all either, so I did this with a leaf decal that I attached to a piece of solid photo mat board cut to the frame size and I painted the mat board the accent color of the room and attached the white decals. ?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagehfloistoocute:
    Michael's has wooden letters for $2.99 each. They are already painted white so you don't have do anything to them if you don't want to...but you still have that option as well!

Yes I covered the front of mine in scrapbook paper.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"