Pregnant after a Loss

**Rhody**

I saw your page the other day, but you were long in bed before I got a chance to get on.

How are you doing this weekend?  Any exciting Halloween plans?

Re: **Rhody**

• Hi Leah! Nothing exciting. DH and I went swimming this morning and then went to the mall where I finally decided to just embrace things and buy maternity clothes. I finally own maternity jeans and they are so comfortable! Right now we're cleaning (between NCIS breaks). Tonight we're just going to hand out candy. Our neighborhood is huge for Trick or Treating and I LOVE seeing the kids!

What are you up to today? How are you feeling?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm being so boring today!  DH is helping some friends move into their new house and I've just been laying out the couch all morning long.  I should be cleaning or doing something productive, but I'm totally not.

We don't have any plans for tonight either.  We'll probably just stick around the house and hand out candy, though I doubt too many kids will actually come by.

Good for you for going out to get some maternity clothes!  That's super exciting!  I'm definitely looking forward to doing that.

I'm feeling good.  I was actually just telling Cole this morning that I wish I felt more pregnant than I do.  Oh well.... less than a week left before I get to see my little bean.

How have you been feeling lately?  Is your numbness thing still going on?

• Loading the player...
  • Blame it on the first trimester exhaustion! You don't have to do anything today!

I am feeling much better than I was last week, which is both a relief and scary. I wish my LO would stop hiding so much from the Doppler! It seems Baby Rhody is a slippery little thing. ;) I do still have some of that numbness unfortuantely, though it seems to have peaked at 9 weeks. I am seeing a neurologist next week just to check it out. I have to see, it's one of the oddest things I've ever had!

Your u/s date is almost here, right? Tuesday??

• Eek!  Hiding from the doppler would drive me crazy.  In fact, DH has already told me that I can't get one!

I'm sorry that the numbness is still giving you trouble.  Hopefully the neurologist will be able to give you some answers next week.  I can't imagine how frustrating it would be not know what is causing it.

My u/s is almost here (though not soon enough!).  It's on Thursday AM.  DH promised that he would take me to pizza buffet after it, so I'm doubly excited!  Too bad every day that passes makes me more nervous for it.

If all goes well, I'm hoping I can get my doc to give me another u/s at 10w.  Our first little one stopped growing at 9.5w, so I think that extra little u/s would be what I really need to make me feel "safe".

• Ooh, pizza sounds good, lol. Thursday will be here before you know it, I promise! And then you will have good news to share with all of us!

It's funny when you think about it how short of a time the first trimester is, but it can feel like forever! I was lucky that this pregnancy seemed to go relatively quickly; I think it was because I kept so busy. This week seems like the longest though!

I am trying to be calm about the Doppler since the midwife couldn't find it either just 2 days ago. I think baby is just shy. Of course it isn't that I've gained a bunch of weight in the past year!

• No kidding on the way time feels.....  I feel like I've been stuck in eternal wait mode for nearly the whole year!  I'm ready to just "be".

Oh well... I think I'm actually going to get up and go shopping.  I need to get a gift for my sister's shower next weekend.

Have fun with your trick or treaters!

• Have fun shopping! It's just about time for us to have dinner and get the puppies dressed up to meet the kiddos! Wink

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"