High-Risk Pregnancy

GD meal ideas

I'm sure this has been posted, but I don't have the energy to look. Does anyone out there have any meal ideas? I have my diet but I am just given things like 2 oz of meat for lunch and 3oz of meat for dinner with 2/3 cups cooked pasta or rice. I'm getting tired of the same things over and over. What is everyone else eating?

Re: GD meal ideas

• How many carbs are you allowed during your main meals?  For me, I'm supposed to have 50-60 for lunch and dinner so I can have a hamburger with a wheat bun, salad, and even a handful of fries. For lunch today, for example, I had soup, salad, and a small piece of cornbread. I would definitely add in some veggies with your pasta or rice.  And you can probably try a small baked potato - sweet potato would be better - if you're sick of pasta or rice. Or maybe have the meat/egg/cheese, veggie, and a roll or a glass of milk for the carbs. 
    click the pic (blog)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • That is part of my problem. They never gave me a carb count. Just a very basic menu of items for each snack and meal with exact portions of each. Supposed to be between 1700-1800 calories but when I follow it exactly I only end up with about 1000 calories. In a week and a half since I was diagnosed with it I have lost 7 pounds, but I had a few to spare so my doctor was not concerned.
  • Loading the player...
  • I'd ask at your next appt to see if you can meet with a nutritionist or if they can recommend how many carbs you should eat. 

It is a headache, I know.  I'm only allowed 30 carbs for breakfast, 40 for lunch and 40 for dinner.  I'm on insulin 3x's per day.

I'm eating lots of veges, chicken, some beans.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"