Attachment Parenting

I was a stalker today

We have recently moved from the land of crunchy goodness to Canada and have been at a loss over finding a doctor for ourselves and son (Canada has family drs) Our dr in the US was fully supportive of our AP ways, alt. vax schedule, a huge BF supporter, even extended BF, buying organic, and big on using natural remedies if possible. We adored him. Now we are wanting to find someone like that here which is damn near impossible it seems.

So this morning we check out the local farmer's market. I notice there are a few mamas babywearing. We passed one carrying her toddler in an Ergo as we were walking to our car. So DH and I (me carrying DS in his Ergo) decide to be stalkers and ask her who they see.

I felt really weird asking but she was indeed AP, however, they see a naturopath mostly and the med. dr. they do see, she hates. *sigh*

But then I saw a doula at the market and I spoke to her. She told me about her dr. and then sent me to another booth where her friend and yoga teacher was. She was also AP and gave me her dr. name and said while she makes her dr. laugh and shake her head, she hasn't discouraged her AP ways. Hopefully we'll be able to get in to see this dr since many are not accepting new patients.

I guess it can be good to be a stalker.

imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers image

Re: I was a stalker today

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"