Eco-Friendly Family

Just got my first notification :(

I got a notification from DH's unit and started crying as soon as I heard the message. Then I heard that the wounded soldiers (thank God they're wounded and not killed) were from another company within DH's unit, I cried more b/c I was happy it wasn't DH. Then when the message (it was automated) ended I realized I know someone in that company (a former student) and I freaked out again. I got the same info in an email and I have no idea who the soldiers are and I am praying its not my former student. However, I NEVER want to experience those emotions again. Talk about a severe roller coaster!

Re: Just got my first notification :(

• oh dear that is so scary. I'm glad it wasn't involving your husband though!
    ~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

• Loading the player...
  • Your red messages don't include names?   Ours do after NOK are notified...but that doesnt make it any easier to get those messages.  I HATE when they call to tell me I have a red message in my email.  My heart sinks knowing someone is injured or KIA. 
  • Oh how terrifying!  I am so glad your DH wasn't involved.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageLotte134:
    Oh how terrifying!  I am so glad your DH wasn't involved.
    Thankfully the military does not notify family members in this manner if their Soldier is injured or killed.  If they are injured they will receive a call from their Soldier as soon as he/she is able to call or a member of the unit will let them know.  If a Soldier is killed in action there is a person called the Casualty Assistance Officer who goes to the home of the next of kin to notify them of the death. 

It still makes your heart sink though when you get those messages.  And even worse when you know the person listed.  

• I'm glad it wasn't your DH or his company.  My thoughts are with those that are injured.
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • T&P!  Such a scary time for all of you that have a loved one over there.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageArmyQM:

imageLotte134:
    Oh how terrifying!  I am so glad your DH wasn't involved.
    Thankfully the military does not notify family members in this manner if their Soldier is injured or killed.  If they are injured they will receive a call from their Soldier as soon as he/she is able to call or a member of the unit will let them know.  If a Soldier is killed in action there is a person called the Casualty Assistance Officer who goes to the home of the next of kin to notify them of the death. 

It still makes your heart sink though when you get those messages.  And even worse when you know the person listed.  

You're right about the notification process. It is still awful to get the message though. I know DH would call if he were injured and was able to call so I was confused at first but then after listening and freaking out a bit I figured it out. 

• (hugs)  I can only imagine what a horrid ride that would be.  (huge hugs)  T&P for everyone involved.
  • T&P for you and ALL of the soldiers in your DH's unit.  Would you please pass my thanks for his service along to your DH?  I have great appreciation and gratitude for the men and women who serve our country in the military - and for their families.
  • So happy it wasn't DH.  Many, many hugs.
  • **hugs**

i had no idea that was the process for things..  i can't even imagine getting that call..  i'm glad your dh is okay

my cool cat - er, bunny!

Photobucket Lilypie First Birthday tickers imageImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    my bfp chart!
    our hippy baby blog

• imageLinnya:
    T&P for you and ALL of the soldiers in your DH's unit.  Would you please pass my thanks for his service along to your DH?  I have great appreciation and gratitude for the men and women who serve our country in the military - and for their families.

Will do :-) And thank you for the kind words.

• OMGosh.  I'm crying for you.  How terrifying. 

((HUGE HUGS))

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"