Attachment Parenting
Options

What happened to my good sleeper?

DD is usually a really good sleeper - 5 hours is her minimum long stretch, but usually she'll go from midnight to 7 or 8am without waking.

This is how it's been for the last 3 nights: DD has fallen asleep around midnight as usual, and then around 2:30am gets really restless, moaning and groaning and writhing around like she's trying really hard to get out of her swaddle or has bad gas or something. She sleeps beside me in a cosleeper, so of course I wake up, but her eyes aren't even open, so I don't wake her, and just lie there waiting for her to fully awake. Finally around 4am she wakes up, I pull her into bed with me and nurse her, and she falls back into her restless, writhing sleep. So I spend the rest of the night trying to make her happy. Maybe it's her diaper? So I change that, re-swaddle her, and the same thing - she is practically throwing herself out of the cosleeper she's wiggling so much. So maybe she wants to be unswaddled? I pull her out of the swaddle blanket, and she continues to wiggle and groan, but now she's throwing her hands around and hitting herself! She seems so uncomfortable.... So I bring her into the bed with me to cuddle, thinking that might calm her, but it makes no difference and now she's hitting me with her wiggling arms as well! Anyways, as you can imagine, I've had about 2-3 hours of sleep each night she does this, and it's getting exhausting!

She has a really bad yeast diaper rash, and I've got her in disposable diapers until it clears up, and I'm wondering if maybe the rash or the new diapers are bothering her??? I hate seeing her so uncomfortable, and she can't be getting well rested considering I doubt she's really falling into a deep sleep... Any other ideas or tips? What the heck is going on? What happened to my good sleeper?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: What happened to my good sleeper?

• Options

when dd does this it is because she has gas. I put her in the crook of me arm on her side facing me so that she is laying her head right on my breast(which automaticaly calms her). Then I pat and rub her back. She thrashes around for a minute or two and then calms down and goes off into her deep sleep.?

Hope it helps you?

My beautiful redhead Lily Anne (3.5yrs)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"