Working Moms

All of a sudden..

My first day back to work on Monday we found out our correctional facility is closing in 60 days and DH & I are being transffered to Colorado from California. We dont HAVE to go, but the only other choice is unemployment & we cant live off of that. There is no job market where we live now. We were struggling to pay everything with one income on maternity leave. It's just so sudden & now not only do I have to leave LO at daycare, but with complete strangers in a new state. Pray for us!!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image   and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: All of a sudden..

• First of all, your daughter is gorgeous. ?

Sorry that you are facing all of this upheaval! ?It is tough enough to transition from maternity leave to work, much less adding in a new state and a new job. ?Is there a way to have you take another 2-4 weeks off once you get to Colorado to get yourself settled and to get LO familiar (and you also) with the new daycare center? ?How is the cost of living in CO compared to CA? ?Usually it will be lower, but not sure exactly where you are moving in CO. ?Hopefully the COL will be lower and you will have a little more flexibility to find a daycare you like, to afford to take a couple of weeks off to settle in, etc. ?I have several cousins living in Colorado and they love it, I hope you do too.

• Agree with PP, what a beautiful little girl!  We moved when DS was 9 months old to another state, and you would be surprised, children are very flexible.  As long as my DS was fed, cuddled, etc. he was a happy kid.  It was much harder on myself and my DH : ) 

Good luck!

Nathan Thomas, C-section (frank breech), September 22, 2008 Maren Anne, VBAC, April 6, 2010 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm sorry you have move on such short notice.  I will definitely send you my best wishes. Also, you should ask HR and your new coworkers for recommendations for child care.  They should be able to give you some good information.
  • Wow!  That is sudden, and a big move.  It's a good suggestion to ask your new co-workers about day care.  Also, try the board that's local to your new area and see if anyone there can offer you some suggestions.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"