Attachment Parenting

Wakeful period at 6 months?! Help!

The last 2 nights, Ben has decided 12:30am means playtime and is WIDE awake.  I let him play in his crib with his musical seahorse thing as long as he was happy doing so, but after 30 minutes the crying starts...then doesnt end.  Last night he was awake for almost 2.5 hours, the last hour of which he was screaming no matter what I did - rock, bounce, nurse, lay down in bed, etc.  I think he was just so overtired that the didn't know what he wanted.  It was horrible, and a few times I had to lay him in his crib and walk away for a bit because I was so frustrated.  DH tried with the same results.

He has never been a good sleeper, but it seems to be getting worse.  If you have been through something similar, WDYD?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. 

::makes a gallon of coffee to make it through the day::

IMG_0888edit Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Wakeful period at 6 months?! Help!

• Has he learned a new skill lately?  We go through this every time DD picks up a new skill.  If you go in right away and nurse him will he go back to sleep more easily?  We usually had to go in right away give DD a bottle, hold her, and sing to her to get her back down.  Thankfully, wakeful periods usually only lasted a week or two.
  • My nearly 6-mo old has nights like this. I have chalked it up to teething, or letting him get too awake before I get him back to sleep. I wish I had suggestions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"