Illinois Babies

Lombard/Glen Ellyn moms?

Hi all-

I'm new here, just got my BFP on Thursday! Any Lombard/Glen Ellyn moms or moms-to-be? I'd love advice on services/classes/stores in the area I should make use of. Thanks!

Re: Lombard/Glen Ellyn moms?

• Sorry I'm late replying to this post, but I'm a Glen Ellyn mom too.  I don't have extensive knowledge about the area, since we just moved here about two years ago.

I saw the DuPage Medical Group OBs out of the Danada office in Wheaton and loved them.  I delivered at CDH, which was an awesome hospital and a great experience.  We took our prenatal classes there too, which are worth looking into.

Our furniture came from Buy Buy Baby.  Love it.  Cost more than the BRU furniture, but the quality is better, and we knew we were going to use it for awhile with DD.  The rest of our supplies mostly came from BRU.

Hope this helps somewhat.  I know there are other west suburbanite moms here too who will hopefully chime in.  Congratulations!

imageLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Hi there! My OB/GYN of 6 years is based out of LaGrange, but I'm thinking of switching to someone in Glen Ellyn--Dr. Priscilla Chang--just because I heard she is great and I would really prefer to have my baby at CDH. Man, that is a nice hospital!

I actually work on Naperville Rd...might be nice to have a doctor that close by too for appointments...hmmm...

• Loading the player...
  • I am a 1st time mommy-to-be in Lombard.  I have lived in Dupage county for most of my life.  My doctors are through Elmhurst hospital and I will deliver there.

I don't have a lot of advice yet since I am "new" but I will post any ideas that I think of.  Good luck!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I just saw this, sorry. I live in Lombard and have an awesome pediatrician at Dupage Medical Group in Glen Ellyn, they are awesome and are actually open 365 days a year.  Plus they have super late hours.  I have a 3 year old and he loves the doctors there.  GL, and send me a message with any other questions you have.  I have lived here for 5 years.
  • We just now starting to TTC, but I'm in the Glen Ellyn area and just wanted to say congrats on your BFP!
  • I was a nanny in Glen Ellyn and the library there has awesome children's programming.  You will find a ton of moms even with infants at story time during the day.  The YMCA and Park District offer a ton of programs as well, I think we went to something everyday they start at infant and then go all the way through HS.

I do remember running into a mom's group pretty much everywhere I took the kids so hopefully some other mom's can help you find updated info on that.  I'm sorry I can't be more specific it has been many years but I still see the family so I know the above is still acurate.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"