High-Risk Pregnancy
Options

Cholestasis?

Anyone here had/have it?

I had it with my first pregnancy and just recently miscarried. I am VERY concerned about having it again with my next pregnancy...if/when that might happen.

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: Cholestasis?

• Options

I'm so sorry for your loss!

I was diagnosed with Cholestasis when I was almost 39 weeks.  They induced me the day after my diagnosis, so I didn't have any issues.

I've read a lot about it and usually it's very treatable, they just induce earlier to keep baby healthy.  Most often they induce at 37 weeks. 

• Options

I was actually tested for this last Thursday. At my last appointment, my doctor asked me if my hands itched (I was itching them while I was there and didn't even notice!). I hadn't really thought about it until I got home and saw my back scratcher near my bed......I have been digging the CRAP out of myself for about a week now.

Long story short, my test results will come back in a week. If they are positive, like the previous post said, delivery will happen as soon as it is safe for my babies.

I would express your concerns with your doctor so that they can keep a very close eye on you, your liver function & bile levels (which I think is how it is detected). Also watch for the first signs of it - itchy palms & feet.

Hang in there & I am very sorry to hear about your loss!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"