Blended Families

Good news :) Sorta, kinda!

Well - we went to the oncologist again this past week... I have been on chemo (intensive, hard core) for 13 weeks straight, no breaks. Im starting to have yucky side effects so he is giving me a 2 week break.  Then chemo again for 6 weeks - then another bone marrow biopsy/aspiration (what a Christmas gift... LOL)

BUT...

If all looks good and the Leukemia is gone, I will be able to get off the chemo and start living life again :)  The chemo (thalidomide) needs to take about 4 weeks to get out of your system (Im scared so I would probably want to wait at least 8 before TTC).  Anyways, if I am done by Christmas... Wait a 8 weeks... end of Feb... Depo wears off in March... and quite possibly can TTC be KU for our Hawaii trip (to celebrate our  marriage, getting through my illness, etc.) 

So although it *may*  not happen at all like I am planning in my mind - it's getting me through the days! A good ending to look forward too :) Just wanted to update everyone :) You ladies have been so supportive through this journey - and I cannot wait to start my next journey with you all!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Good news :) Sorta, kinda!

• PS - I guess I need to clarify after reading my post... Leukemia is a cancer of the blood. It will NEVER go away (remission yes, cured no - not without a transplant) We are trying desperately to avoid the transplant route (which seems to be going our way right now) 

So when I put "Leukemia is gone"  I meant in remission. 

:)

• I soooo hope it all goes well, you need some good news and major happiness!
    Jen - Mom to two December 12 babies Nathaniel 12/12/06 and Addison 12/12/08
  • Loading the player...
  • That is wonderful news!  Many healthy thoughts and prayers heading your way!!!
  • Somehow I missed this. I didn't know you had cancer. So sorry to hear that.

I hope your treatment goes well.

Prayers and positive thoughts to you.

• That's great news! You have a wonderful 2010 to look forward to!

• so glad to hear it.  From the tone of all of your posts, you've really met all of these challenges with such grace.

keeping you in my thoughts...

• I hope everything goes well for you, what a difficult thing to go through. Good luck!
  • Great news, J+R, I hope it works out the way you are planning! Fingers crossed for ya!
  • That would be fabulous! 

I think you should keep all of this as the plan -- it's a great way to stay focused on the positives.  I imagine it's very hard some days, and keeping the right mental attitude is huge.

PHOTOS REMOVED

• Awesome!  This is good news - keep us posted!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"