Two Under 2
Options

"CaitlinJ22"

We are in the exact same boat!  My DD was born on 12/12/08. My husband  and I agreed to start trying at the beginning of this month--to just see what happens.  Imagine my surprise when 3 weeks later, I got my BFP.  So, I am already thinking--we need 2 high chairs, we need 2 cribs, and on and on.  I think I just need a little time to get used to the idea of them being so close together.  I'm worried I'm going to somehow cheat Keira (my daughter) out of something by having another so soon. 

It's good to know someone else is going through the same thing.

Your son is sooooo cute by the way.  Love the red hair!

NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: "CaitlinJ22"

• Options

Hi-

Yes we had decided that we wanted it to happen without us officially TTC, so we had some moments of --whatever, and some moments of ok lets use something this time ;) we'll we got our wish, we didnt have to "try" too hard, which I am grateful for but it was a shock! plus my dh is away for 3 wks at a time, and im still bfing so my cycles are nuts--so it was perfect timing obviously! I have to think it was meant to be. 

yes its very overwhelming. I have my days where I think-oh itll be great and I know its gonna be hard, but I can do it....then I have my days where I feel SOOO guilty for even feeling sick now and not given Finn my full attention. Its a lot. But we have time to adjust. 

I have to take it day by day. The first things that went through my head (after thinking of what I did to my poor baby), is what we need. new car, stroller, crib? who knows. As I get more into it I realize I just need a few things if its another boy, and if its a girl, well Ill need more =) We have my sister's portacrib to borrow so the new baby can stay in that until maybe 7 or so months, when Ds will be over two and we can try a big bed. I really dont want to buy another crib, so this is a good option for us. yes we'll need a stroller--which I am already the stroller queen and have too many! I need another video monitor, bedding if its a girl etc.but we have time. I like to bargain shop and plan so its good to have some time.

oh and as for the feeling bad for your LO part, I do too, but when they are older and best buddies, I think we will be happy they were so close together.

I think its nice to have this board, and other people who understand and have been there. It'll will all work out, because, well it has to right? ;)

and thanks, he actually doesnt have red hair but it looks like it in photos sometimes! but my husband has red hair, so maybe theres some in there. =)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Thanks,

You're right, it is very good to have this board.  It helps to have people who understand.  The funny thing is, I miscarried my first pregnancy at 11 weeks, then had Keira, so I get kind of mad at myself for even freaking out about the timing of this one.  I know I just need to be happy that it happened so easily.  

My sister and I are 15 months apart, and we get along great--lived together in college, shared clothes all our lives.  I definitely love being so close.  

It just takes a little while to put things in perspective.  Each day I am coming more and more around to this idea.   And like you said, the other stuff will work itself out, because it has too!  

Thanks for all your thoughts!  

NestBaby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"